Equalize SPeakers?
Mar 27, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 7
I use the software that comes with my TACT, but there are several PC based options availble. Here is an example of an in-room uncorrected measurement and the post equalization measurement.

Crossoverr.jpg

TACT1r.jpg

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSMR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I came across this the other day. Looks very good and is free.
http://www.hometheatershack.com/roomeq/
Think it would be tricky though to get any improvements more generally than at one point in the room.

Would this software allow me to use any ordinary mic to analyse the frequencies?

Mar 30, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by smsmasters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would this software allow me to use any ordinary mic to analyse the frequencies?

No, you are going to need an accurate microphone. The good news is that a pretty accurate one, good enough for this certainly, can be had cheap. The Behringer ECM8000 is a cheap measurement mic with quite a flat frequency response. It'll do the trick nicely and not break the bank.

Do be aware though that equalisation isn't the only problem speakers have, they also distort phase, and equalisers do as well unless they are phase linear (which delay the whole signal). So while you may get a better frequency response, you may end up getting a worse phase curve and not liking the sound as much. Of course this depends on the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back