Equalization for L3000
Apr 16, 2006 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kruemelix

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

after owning a K1000 for a few months and having listened to another pretty neutral headphones I am a little bit disappointed about my L3000, especially concerning the overwhelming bass. Luckily there are a few fellow HiFiers (perhaps also HeadFiers) here in Germany owning a HD53 V8 with a adapted equalization made by Mister Candeias individually for their L3000 (ok, the Amp doesn't work with any other headphone now), saying that the L3000 plays now in a totally different league.
Since I am not owning a HD53, my only possibility for equalization is an external EQ (Behringer DEQ 2496) and a frequency diagram.
Does anyone know where to find such a diagram?

Thanks,

Thomas

P.S. sorry about my ankward English
rolleyes.gif

Apr 17, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 5
I too would love to know the answer to this - I would like to implement an equalization curve for the L3000 in the Foobar convolver. Anyone successfully done this? Maybe something that tracks with the equalization provided by the DHA3000?

Apr 18, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 5
Would anyone, who has the sophistication that I don't, be able to create an impulse response file to be used in Foobar's convolver that matches the equalization performed by the AT-DHA3000? I'd start playing with this myself except that 1) I have no idea how to create and edit waveform files (even though I can get access to programs that can do that) and 2) I don't have the EQ curves for the DHA3000.

There seem to be people here that have done this or at least fooled around with it, and there was a suggestion that some of the German headphone fans have made progress in this area, so this post will grab the right persons attention.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back