EQu & Equalizer Users: Let's See Your Curves!
Mar 21, 2011 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

oclafcire

New Head-Fier
I've been using the EQu app for a while now and find that it really can improve the sound I get from my iPhone4 + SM3 combo. Here's the custom EQ curve I made. I want to see other people's custom curves, too!

Mar 22, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 36
Would be great to mention your headphones/IEMs too as all headphones/IEMs want their personal curve to sound optimal.

Mar 22, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 36
BUMP!
a6890ed5-300f-8ef0.jpg

I think I mentioned in my original post that I'm using a pair of Earsonics SM3s. Please, post your IEM along with a screenshot of your curve.

Mar 25, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #7 of 36
Used for my TF10s.

Basically with a sub bass boost, minus the mid bass and with some treble sparkle. Fairly new, but seems to be working well enough.

Mar 25, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #8 of 36
The Grado SR60i curve.....

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #10 of 36
Yea especially interesting to see so far that it seems to be rather common to boost the bass, omg @ machiventa. xD Basicly I think this has to do a lot with younger generation (don't take this too seriously if you don't belong to that group) craving more bass than people did in the past as the headphones and speakers didn't provide as much bass back then, especially lacked in very deep bass extension. Now that there is equipment that can handle it and music that DO USE it, people have a bigger desire of stronger & deeper bass, I'm sure as time flies by there will probably be more and more bass extended marketed headphones/IEMs around as it seems there's room for even greater bass response without going over-the-top for some people.

The EQ appears to be of very good quality/nicely coded if it can handle such boosts without introducing clipping/distortion. :p

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #11 of 36

My 1st Post..

I LOVE MY BASS...THIS ISH RIGHT HERE MAKES IT SOUND LIKE IM SITTIN IN A CAR WIT  ALL KINDS OF SUBS AROUND!! (Using Sony Mdr xb40ex) BEST IEM IMO EVER
Now that i have this lil Equ i think ima go ahead and get the Sony Mdr-xb1000..(thank god for fam in japan)

Apr 7, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #12 of 36
Here's what I'm using now:

This is for my 4G touch + Shure SE530s.  Wonderfully clear (thanks to eliminating ipod's reedy mids at 250Hz), with a nice rounded bass from the bump at 100Hz, and a bit of de-essing applied at 7500 Hz because I'm sensitive to sibilance.

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #14 of 36
Fantastic thread now the program only needs to recognize remote controls without conflicting with the default music app.

Using PX200-IIi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back