EQ not working on Astell &Kern AK70
Dec 14, 2020 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Artmuzz

500+ Head-Fier
I recently bought the Astell & Kern AK70 DAP and have found that the EQ doesn’t work. Both Pro EQ and custom EQ have no effect when switched on. Is this a bug? The firmware version on my AK70 is v1.31. Please advise.

Dec 15, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 3
Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 3
I had a different A&K DAP (AK300) about 4 years ago and reported that exact issue to them. They didn't care. They didn't fix it.

EDIT: I misremembered. The issue wasn't that it did nothing, but rather that the bandwidth was extremely narrow.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/astell-kern-ak300-does-not-have-a-parametric-equalizer.816519/

Yeah, I’ve just read elsewhere on this forum that a few people have had issues too with the EQ not working on the AK70. I bought this DAP secondhand from a shop.

Since the EQ doesn’t work, I have to use bass heavy headphones to get good sound from the AK70

I don’t know whether to take it back and claim the DAP as defective because the EQ doesn’t work even though all it needs is a firmware update for it to work but because it’s such an old DAP from 2016 there is more chance of pigs flying than Astell & Kern releasing a fix.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back