EQ Bass Boost Help
May 19, 2015 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rookie Rooster

100+ Head-Fier
Lets make this short and sweet: i got a shure 215 to listen to bass-heavy music. I like the mid bass emphasis on them shures cause sub bass pretty much muddies the sound and i particularly like the punch. But when im angry (i am) i like to bring up the bass. I use android app poweramp w/ 10 band eq and a bass boost knob. The knob is mostly sub-bass, i percieve. It brings up the rumble and dwarfs the blow of each beat... i would like to set the 31,62 and 125 Hz bands in such a way that the bass is big in size yet "medium-sized" small in rumble and no bleed into the mids AT ALL yet a promient decay rate... i last tried +3 at 31 hz, +6 at 62 hz and +5 at 125 hz. Any suggestions/comments?

May 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #2 of 3
I don't know the best settings for you, but if you want the most control of the bass, you might try Neutron music player which has parametric EQ (PEQ). PEQ gives you MUCH more control over which frequencies are EQ'd. PEQ is definitely worth learning how to use :)

May 19, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 3
Lol. I just uninstalled the free version - too many glitches... and the user interface is too unfriendly lah... ill try that again then...

My problem is that whenever i boost the 62 n 125 band, either one of these two scenarios occur:
1.) The slope of the two bands is so gentle that the low mids also feels kinda boosted from boosting the mid bass.
2.) The boosting of sub bass (+3 in my case) also muddies the whole thing - the rumble mess bleeds into the lower mids, making them feel/percieved as boosted (fake).

I tried lowering that band in hope of compensating it... any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back