Epiphany Acoustics E-DAC Review Thread
Jul 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

What better way to kick off a review thread than with a 'Recommended' award from AV Forums?!
big_grin.gif

Steve Withers over at www.avforums.com has just published the latest review of the Epiphany Acoustics E-DAC – our 24 bit miniature USB DAC. He is extremely impressed by the sound quality and built quality of the diminutive little DAC, summarising:

“The E-DAC from Epiphany Acoustics is a great little digital-to-analogue converter that punches well above its weight and offers great performance and value for anyone wishing to get better sound out of their computer.”.

He capped off the review by giving it the esteemed ‘Recommended’ award.

The only 'bad' thing he noted was connectivity. Not to worry, though, because we have a range of very high quality mini jack cables and adapters which will expand the usage of the E-DAC (and EHP-O2). I reckon that the gold plated, shielded mini jack to stereo RCA cable will be of particular use to many.

You can read his full review here.

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #2 of 7
Value for money should've been rated as "reference" instead of merely "good". Why? Obvious reasons that I'm not going to explain but available in-depth for anyone willing to Google. 
wink_face.gif

EDIT: totally forgot to congratulate you. Yey! Well done for following schematics and putting a brushed box over it. 
devil_face.gif
 Great that this thing is available now. I'll be ordering one soon. When I finally accept my own lack of DIY skills. Which is soon. I think. 

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #3 of 7
I'm curious to know what this means? Not really sure what to google...
Quote:
Value for money should've been rated as "reference" instead of merely "good". Why? Obvious reasons that I'm not going to explain but available in-depth for anyone willing to Google. 
wink_face.gif

EDIT: totally forgot to congratulate you. Yey! Well done for following schematics and putting a brushed box over it. 
devil_face.gif
 Great that this thing is available now. I'll be ordering one soon. When I finally accept my own lack of DIY skills. Which is soon. I think. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
I'm curious to know what this means? Not really sure what to google...

I was being cheeky. I really think the O2 offers amazing performance for the MSRP. It's designer has measured the O2 along side the Benchmark DAC, which is considered to be of reference quality by a lot of enthousiasts, hence my remark. You can google for the Benchmark/O2 measurements. :) 

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 7
It is by far the best usb dac i have ever owned.No thoughts of bothering to look for an upgrade.At my age i am sure it will see me out.
biggrin.gif

Using it with a Neco Soundlabs V3 and Sr325is's.Nirvana at last....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back