EPIC (Shure/Westone) cable with remote and flex wire (earhook) or DIY?
Jan 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

frozst

Head-Fier
Hi all!

I recently changed from the Westone W4r to the W40 and the thing I miss the most is the flex wire for ears, I don´t understand why (What!!) they changed the cable: now it keeps popping out from my ears all the time.

I thought about buying the UE900 cable but I really don´t like that blue color, or I could try to a DIY mod on the actual Westone cable... but that´s quite risky as I never did it. What do you think?

Thanks!

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi Frozst

I'm in the same situation as you. Walking about my w40 stays in fine, but wearing them at work, the wire keeps getting over the ear, it's quite annoying.
Did you find a solution? Considering an earhook.

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #5 of 6
Hi, I finally get used to the cable and after weeks months the cable adjusted to my ear. Its actually very comfortable and rarely moves from their position. Obviously it doesn't have the same "grip" as one with earhook but it's very comfortable and easy to use. Give it some time and you won't be disappointed. You cash always use ue900 cable. There are many for iPhone.

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #6 of 6
Hi and thank you for your answers. I'll try sticking to the Westone cable. I started using the little velcro thing that kept the braided cable together in the new box, as a zipper. It works better than a regilar zipper, as it can slide past the microphone and it stays just on top the mic, when wearing the earbuds. It's a little tight fit, I only use it when working in positions that takes my head down and sideways.
For replacement definately the UE900's, they are £15, the Westones ridiculously £65.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back