epic powder day ahead
Jan 3, 2006 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cpw

Headphoneus Supremus
30+ inches of fresh powder yesterday/ last night and the resort (Mt Rose) was closed yesterday due to no electricity. Today should be storybook.
I'll be out on the tele gear today w/ my new Scarpa T1s and the fattest skis I own.
A little too much snow for me to be comfortable in the backcountry today but w/ this much fresh at the resorts no need to hike for the goods today.
Anyone else in the Tahoe region getting out today?
CPW

Jan 3, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 8
Wind ruined what should have been a perfectt day. Only two of the bunny hill lifts opened up and 3 million people all trying to ride those. Wind shut down everything else. We'll try again tomorrow. (My boss knows I ain't comin' in till I get some!
CPW

Jan 4, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpw
Wind ruined what should have been a perfectt day. Only two of the bunny hill lifts opened up and 3 million people all trying to ride those. Wind shut down everything else. We'll try again tomorrow. (My boss knows I ain't comin' in till I get some!
CPW

That's too bad. Hopefully you'll have better luck tomorrow. There's nothing else quite like fresh powder!

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisets
That's too bad. Hopefully you'll have better luck tomorrow. There's nothing else quite like fresh powder!

"Got Pow?"
CPW

Jan 5, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 8
It was a great day w/ good snow but the pow had settled into typical sierra mud. It was beautiful weather (mid-weight capilene + soft shell) and several beers were had on the terrace.
My 4 yr old had a lesson and a half dozen or so nerve wracking runs (for me not her).
All in all a great day on the groomers and some decent cut up pow.
I also got out on my brand new Scarpa T1s and G3 The Reverend skis.
I definitely need some stiffer cartridges for my Targa bindings though. I bough 'em today & gotta figure out how to change 'em.
CPW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back