Epic mission to turn everyone into audiophiles!
Nov 15, 2015 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

almoskosz

100+ Head-Fier
Hi! 

So, yesterday, I was thinking about how a lot of people, especially in my area of living are using very bad, "almost-free-cheap" headphones or headsets, and they have no idea how a good headphone could sound any different from theirs. I am disgusted by that thinking, but I didn't care for a long time. Now though, I've found out that, what if I bought a very good entry level headphone that even an audiophile might appreciate, and just lend it to people. I am not stupid, I would only give it to those being good friends or classmates, (yea, I'm still in school) and give them a chance of experiencing good audio. I think that after 1-2 weeks of listening to a good headphone, they simply couldn't go back, and would start to appreciate and (at all) care about sound quality.

I'd love to hear your opinions about this, and foremost, what headphone do you think would be good for this purpose? I'd like it to be about 100 euro, bit more perhaps, but I'm thinking about Grado sr60/80, because I heard many good things about those, but they are be a bit bright, and for non-audiophiles, less enjoyable. Is there a headphone that is neutral, but still on the warmer side, in that price range? And comfort might be a big factor too, so once they get the hang of it, they are able to keep listening, and not bother about the pain that some headphones can cause.

I'm looking forward to your answers, thanks! 

Best, almoskosz :)

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hi! 

So, yesterday, I was thinking about how a lot of people, especially in my area of living are using very bad, "almost-free-cheap" headphones or headsets, and they have no idea how a good headphone could sound any different from theirs. I am disgusted by that thinking, but I didn't care for a long time. Now though, I've found out that, what if I bought a very good entry level headphone that even an audiophile might appreciate, and just lend it to people. I am not stupid, I would only give it to those being good friends or classmates, (yea, I'm still in school) and give them a chance of experiencing good audio. I think that after 1-2 weeks of listening to a good headphone, they simply couldn't go back, and would start to appreciate and (at all) care about sound quality.

I'd love to hear your opinions about this, and foremost, what headphone do you think would be good for this purpose? I'd like it to be about 100 euro, bit more perhaps, but I'm thinking about Grado sr60/80, because I heard many good things about those, but they are be a bit bright, and for non-audiophiles, less enjoyable. Is there a headphone that is neutral, but still on the warmer side, in that price range? And comfort might be a big factor too, so once they get the hang of it, they are able to keep listening, and not bother about the pain that some headphones can cause.

I'm looking forward to your answers, thanks! 

Best, almoskosz :)

Takstar Pro 80 (or Gemini HSR-1000 ----> Same headphones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back