Epic marshmallow gun! *SPLAT!!*
Aug 30, 2010 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

11amaberry

500+ Head-Fier
Yo! I bet some of you guys play paintball (really? None of you?). Anyways, my friends and I were kicking around the idea of making an epic arena for it because I have alot of random junk laying around and quite a bit of empty space. Problem is, we'd het hurt paintball is expensive. Then we thought of marshmallow guns, which have numerous advantages to paintball (marshmallows are cheap, easily available at most stores, and bio-degradable (for an outside arena), softer). Simple pvc blow guns are cheap an easy to make, but I'm the kind of person who likes power. Power.... So now I'm looking into building/buying a marshmallow shooter that functions similar to a pneumatic paintball gun. Turns out, there's not alot of info on that :frowning2: . So now I turn to the mechanically inclined people of Head-fi for advice! If we can come up with anything worthy of building, I'll post updates and dedicate the Epic mmgun to the fine members here at Head-fi!

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 6
Whoa! Nice find Pokefan! I will look into this one. I would prefer one that can run off of compressed air bottle, this one looks like its one shot, then refill air chamber. I'll check out the plans an see if it can be "modded" :p

Any other designs people? Lets put our heads together and build the most epic mmgun ever!

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 6
That looks awesome, and since it's powered by compressed air already, I can't see it being hard to adapt to CO2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back