ep630 microphonics with j-cord and y-cord
Sep 9, 2006 at 6:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

retic3nt

100+ Head-Fier
I'm considering getting an OEM ep630 off ebay, and I have some questions.
I hear that the y-corded version of the ep630 has pretty noticeable microphonics. How much better is it with the j-cord? Also, how well do these headphones fit wearing them shure-style?

Anyone know any retailers that sell the j-corded version of the ep630?

Sep 9, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #2 of 6
Microphonics are not an issue if the EP630's are worn Shure style. I lived with the microphonics for months before someone here pointed out the simple cure. I have the Creatives, not the OEMs, so they have the y-cord.

Sep 9, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 6
I have the Creatives also, and they are easily my worst phones. The wires are very thin compared to the Shure E2C which makes every movement (and even worse when you walk) feel like you're in the middle of an avalanche. I would seriously reconsider and go for something for a bit more money if you need an in-ear phone. The sound is none too good either, dark and muddy and extremely flat, I really don't understand why anyone here would recommend this phone. The only good thing about it is that it has very good separation. Worst purchase ever.

Sep 10, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubsdaddy
Microphonics are not an issue if the EP630's are worn Shure style. I lived with the microphonics for months before someone here pointed out the simple cure. I have the Creatives, not the OEMs, so they have the y-cord.

Could you elaborate on this solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back