EP212 Review - Dirt Cheap, HiFi quality. Better believe it
Dec 7, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #31 of 31
Hi, new here and bumping a very old thread but not without reason.

My CX400's decided to die on me a few weeks back, first the left channel died and then a week later the right channel. I was looking into buying the Kenan KM-92's, but they were considered very bass heavy. 

I ordered my E212's last week, just got 'm today and tried them on. Initially, I didn't like, too much like the CX300's which have good bass, but the rest is a bit weaker. Then I adjusted my equalizer and they came to life. Nice mids and highs and a bass which is only slightly heavier than my CX400's. They pretty much sound the same to me now, however, on my iPhone I can't find the correct EQ setting to get the same result. 

For the price, not bad at all. I paid 9,61 euro's for mine shipped from Spain to the Netherlands, and comparing that to the price I paid for my CX400's it's definately a good deal. It's still not as detailed as the CX400's, especially the bass sounds a bit "undetailed" maybe it's the burn in, but the sound pretty good. I usually listen to electro, or electro-pop, so don't know how these will be for other genres.

Also, the cable they used seems thougher, and I get less microphonics than on the Sennheisers.  The feature set is pretty weak. Only 4 sets of low spec flanges and a warranty card. No cable wrapper and no bag/pouch to put them in.

I know this might come forward as spam( New user, revamping old thread about a unknown IEM manufacturer), so believe whatever you like.

I might also get a set of PL30's to complement these, since I've read that they have a bit better detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back