EP 630's vs CX300 vs Skullcandy Smokin vs any other suggestions
Nov 29, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #16 of 18
I owned the CX300s and had a chance to compare them to my friend's EP630s on many occasions. I don't think they have exactly the same drivers, as the Senns sounded slightly better to me in their overall SQ. They sounded a little tighter in the bass and slightly more detailed on the high end then the 630s.

My brother owned the Skullcandys and I must say that they are pretty terrible. Sounded much worse than my Senns, we'll just put it that way. I would say the SQ of the Smokins are not a whole lot better than your average stock earbud, if you don't take into account that they isolate more so have more bass.

But still. Of the three, I would go for the Senns if you can get them in your price range. You can get them for really cheap if you get real ones from eBay or if you get them somewhere cheap on the net. If not, get the Creatives.

Really, though, you should extend your price range a bit and get the Denon c551s. Seriously, they are much much better than any of those three you mentions.

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #17 of 18
I would try to find the Audio-Technical ATH-CK7. I've heard the CK7 and it's really nice-sounding IEM.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #18 of 18
I've actually decided against getting some new earphones now. I'm gonna stick with the Custom 1's I got off amazon for cheap. I've been looking around the forums and I'm gonna pre-order a Fiio E5 headphone amp (from here: Fiio E5 Portable Audio Amp [Fiio_E5] - $24.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player) and that should make the bass much more defined. I'll probably pick up a pair of soundmagic PL30's from there as well as I've heard good things about them.

Cheers for all your input anyway guys! It helped me a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back