Entry Level IEMs in the sub-$100 range?
Mar 21, 2008 at 9:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Tmacfan4321

100+ Head-Fier
I'm just looking for some IEMs for all around use. I will be using these for gaming, music, and anything else on a laptop.

I've looked at the Vmoda Vibes, Shure E2C's, the updated E2C's, and a few others, but I have not gotten a solid read on what the best IEM's are in this price range. Thanks.

Mar 21, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmacfan4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just looking for some IEMs for all around use. I will be using these for gaming, music, and anything else on a laptop.

I've looked at the Vmoda Vibes, Shure E2C's, the updated E2C's, and a few others, but I have not gotten a solid read on what the best IEM's are in this price range. Thanks.

Check out Super.fi3s at Radio Shack. They are clearing them out (red version) for $39.95. Bought a pair tonight to replace my set that went through the wash/dry cycle last week.
frown.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Other Allen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out Super.fi3s at Radio Shack. They are clearing them out (red version) for $39.95. Bought a pair tonight to replace my set that went through the wash/dry cycle last week.
frown.gif

I read a thread here last week that said Radio Shack had the Super.fi3 Studio. I went to their store and website and didn't see them.

Where did you get yours?...on-line?

Mar 22, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #6 of 8
If there are other RS stores in your area, you should be able to have the local store check the other stores inventory (confirmed by a phone call if there any in stock locally.) I can post the number off the package tomorrrow if you're interested.

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 8
I'll check those out, I'll call tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #8 of 8
I know that some here don't hold them in high regard, but I still enjoy my Sennheiser CX300's. I've got a set of Etymotic ER4-P IEM's that are vastly superior, but they isolate too much for wearing at work, so I wear the CX300's there. They've got about 100 hours of use on them, and the bass seems to have balanced out better than when they were new.

If I knew then what I know now though, I probably would have gotten the ER6i's instead of the Sennheisers... just based on what I've read here, and my experience with the ER4-P's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back