Entry Level IEM Help (Noob & Basshead)
Dec 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

achyudhk

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie (in the sense that I haven't used a lot of headphones and hence have no idea how they sound) and I need help choosing between:

Sennheiser CX 400 II Precision $61.45
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision $56.67
SoundMAGIC E10                   $45.20
Sony MDRXB90EX/BCIN          $62.82

I love Bass. The first earphone I used was Creative EP 630, which I liked as it was both comfortable to listen to and cheap. Apart from these, Apple Earpods (I like these too), and a few Philips cheapos I havent used anything else. I have gone through the forums and found positive opinions on the Sony MDRXB90EX and have inclined towards it. But I have a lot of doubts too.

I) Which of these best suit what I listen to?
I usually hear to a LOT of movie/game soundtracks (apart from watching/playing them), followed by Irish Pop Rock (The Corrs) and a big fan of ThePianoGuys (Of the youtube fame). I find time for a few pop and metal songs in between this.

II) Do the China and Japan versions of Sony MDRXB90EX really have a huge quality difference? Must I stay away from the Made in China version?

III) Any other headphone worth adding to my list (like Klipsch for example*)? I come from India and some brands are not available here. 

IV) Below is the retailer link where the cost is INR 3890 -> $62, much lesser than Amazon's $109. Is this fake (as Electronics cost in India is usually much higher than in the US)? Is this a reasonable asking price for this headphone?
http://www.flipkart.com/sony-mdrxb90ex-bcin-in-the-ear-headphone/p/itmdrjdgchffuewh?pid=ACCDN4A6MDGSSKYQ&ref=4ba76773-a85d-4f65-a845-a647b8cef725

Thanks for trying to help me!

* I can get the Klipsch S3, but the S4 is out of my budget.

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 3
I also would like to know if I get a circum-aural headphone, would it be better in SQ than an IEM? Headphones like Sennheiser HD 203 or JBL J55 are in my range. Portability is not an issue. Just base, SQ.

P.S. BUMP. Please guys, reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back