Entry Level Full Sized Over-Ear Open Cans?
Apr 4, 2015 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

aznpos531

100+ Head-Fier
I would like some recommendations for an entry level (ideally sub-$100) full sized over-ear open-back headphones for a friend. We were looking at the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 but would like to see some other options as well. Cheers! :)

Apr 4, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 7
You should consider the Takstar HI-2050

Best Luck!

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 7
I would like some recommendations for an entry level (ideally sub-$100) full sized over-ear open-back headphones for a friend. We were looking at the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 but would like to see some other options as well. Cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

What is your friend going to be plugging the headphones into?
What uses are the headphones for? just music? or gaming? or movies?
For home use or on the move?

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 7
You should consider the Takstar HI-2050

Best Luck!

Looks promising! Thanks!

What is your friend going to be plugging the headphones into?
What uses are the headphones for? just music? or gaming? or movies?
For home use or on the move?

Good point. I don't think he's interested in getting an external DAC or amp so most likely it will be plugged directly into whatever source he wants to listen to be it his PC, phone etc. These will probably be his go-to headphones; I'd imagine for music, gaming and movies. As for portability, I think mostly home use.

He's not too picky about the sound signature. He's mainly intrigued by the airy sound of open-back headphones after trying mine but doesn't want to spend a whole lot of money.

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 7
Looks promising! Thanks!
Good point. I don't think he's interested in getting an external DAC or amp so most likely it will be plugged directly into whatever source he wants to listen to be it his PC, phone etc. These will probably be his go-to headphones; I'd imagine for music, gaming and movies. As for portability, I think mostly home use.

He's not too picky about the sound signature. He's mainly intrigued by the airy sound of open-back headphones after trying mine but doesn't want to spend a whole lot of money.

For open headphones.
Sennheiser HD558, good chance you can find used for under $100.

Gemini HSR-1000 (closed) headphones are great for the price ($45)
http://www.amazon.com/Gemini-HSR-1000-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones/dp/B006Y2BI04

Takstar Hi2050 are good for the price.

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #7 of 7
Senn HD558 for sure. Used like new for $75.50. They will be new just no retail box authorized dealer full warrant. Fast shipping.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004FEEY9A/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A134C7TMP2R0RJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back