Entry Level DAP Contemplation
Feb 8, 2015 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rarrior

Head-Fier
I'm currently making a spreadsheet comparing the Hidisz AP100, the Xuelin iHiFi800, and the iBasso DX50. I'm trying to decide between these three as my first hi-fi DAP. I've previously only used iPods or smart phones. I feel that someone with personal experience with any of the devices would be a much better help though.

I definitely want expandable memory, a good user interface, highest sound quality isn't the biggest priority but obviously its up there. Battery life isn't too much of a priority since I only listen a couple hours a day, but a removable battery would be nice. 

Based on your personal experiences, which would you recommend? I'm leaning towards the iBasso DX50 but I keep feeling it will leave me wanting more in the DX90. The AP100 and iHiFi800 being relatively new and different are what mainly attracted me to them, especially having more than 3 physical buttons (I've heard the DX50's touch screen is difficult to operate).

I have around 60GB of FLAC files right now, I would like to carry all of my music at once. I'm still trying to weed out some of the stuff I don't listen to as much to make room for more. I don't think I'll ever breach in to that 128GB SD card range but you never know.

I currently have a Fiio E11K amp and Sony MDR-ZX300s for portable use, looking at getting a pair of MDR-V6s for home use.

Let me know what you recommend.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back