Entry level custom iems with high quantities of bass ?
Aug 25, 2011 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Parall3l

lƐllɐɹɐԀ
Hi, Just wondering if theres any entry level customs out there that has a lot of bass? As long as it doesn't bleed all the way into the trebles, it would be fine. I'm thinking about saving up for a nice upgrade over my DJ1 PRO and the money I'd need for a decent amp + DAC and something like, the PRO900 would cost as much as a entry level custom iem, so I think I'll go with one of those shiny babies instead 
atsmile.gif

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 16
The whole portable rig like JH5Pro+T3p+L3+iPod Classic= JH14.5(read the thread), or UM Merlin.

Aug 26, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 16
Thanks, what is your budget and what environment will you be using the custom IEM in?

How much experience do you have with universals?  Is there anything in the universal world that you want to emulate?

Aug 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #6 of 16
I will be using the iems pretty much anywhere, I have not had much experiences with universals, in fact its close to none (ibuds). I'm looking for a bassy signature in the customs. My budget is at $450 and below. I simply prefer the idea of a custom iem because of its uniqueness.

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #7 of 16
Save for little bit longer and get the 1964Ears Quads. The bass is incredible - deep & powerful, but well controlled. I have quite a few IEMs with good to great bass (IE8, MD, MTPC, DDM, TF10, SM3, HJE900) and the Quads are better than all of them.

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #9 of 16
IMHO customs is a one-shot thing-resale value is low, so selling is not a preferred option. I think you should save and shoot high for a high-end customs. If you cant wait, get a high end universal first and sell it when you have enough money for customs :D

Aug 27, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #11 of 16
Thanks for the suggestions guys. 
atsmile.gif
 Universals would've been a good idea but I WANT a pair of customs because I've never had a pair before. I simply wanted to try something new in terms of audio and customs seems like something I would enjoy owning. I mean, its a pair of earphones made just for me, its just too special to refuse 
etysmile.gif
 Its like buying yourself a $500,000 sports car really. You don't need to have one, but boy does it give you a massive ego boost 

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #12 of 16
In that case I would then recommend saving a little more so you get the best custom IEM for your taste, whether it is the Q or the TS842 or something else, you have many more options with around $100 more spent.

As stated above, if you don't like it for any reason you will take a big loss when you sell it.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #15 of 16
Paral, I've just placed an order for 1964 quads, only other iem I've had is the sennheiser CX-500, and yeah, I can't bloody wait!!! Time has pretty much stood still since sending impressions off. Realistically though, they've cost $700 all up with impressions and postage etc from Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back