Entry level closed headphones
Nov 14, 2008 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

red.13

New Head-Fier
Hi!
Recently I started to *cough* compose music *cough*. Maybe playing with FL a few hours a day doesn't make me a producer, but I really start to feel as it's consuming me more and more. Currently I own HD555, and while basses are a little lacking they are almost perfect (in terms of their adaptability) for listening music, watching movies and playing games.

That said, I noticed that external sounds (such as TV, radio etc.) really distract me and don't allow me to hear those little differences I would like to notice when making music (and even when trying to listen to some music in peace). I don't have a very specific music types preference, but I tend to lean towards ambient/surreal/hip-hop (production) and rock/metal/new age (music listening).

Nitty-gritty: I am looking for set of closed headphones in the range 100$ - 150$. At the moment I am considering ATH A500, ATH A700 & HD280 Pro.

Nov 14, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #2 of 2
I love my HD 280 Pro's but I love my Beyer DT770s even more. I did pay more than $170 for them though. If you want your first closed set of phones, you could do a lot worse than the HD280s. I would also suggest you look around for a used pair. I may sell mine eventually, but not anytime soon. I have a lot of other phones I'm more willing to part with first, but I don't think they are what you are looking for. I'm sure you can get a deal out there somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back