Entry level CIEM $400-600
Apr 21, 2015 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DrGroove

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to make my first CIEM purchase soon and I'd like some suggestions and to make sure I don't miss any smaller companies. What I'm looking for is a neutralish IEM with good sub-bass extension, clear transparent mids, flat treble, not a "fun" IEM. A flat/even low end is also important, and I dislike mid-bass slam. Not a strict requirement, but I would much prefer to deal with a company based in the USA.

Here are some that I'm looking at so far, and my thoughts based purely on reviews I've read:
Earwerkz Supra 2 - this is my frontrunner, as it should have the "budget-JH13" transparent sound I want. I'm just concerned it won't have the sub-bass I want.

Aclair reference - might not have the sub-bass, treble supposedly isn't very smooth

1964 V6 Stage - a little over budget, might be too V shaped?

InEarz - what model?

Future Sonics mg5pro - I almost pulled the trigger on these a while ago, but ultimately they seem expensive for a single dynamic and I have my doubts that they can match the level of detail of multi-BA sets. I loved my MG7 for a long time, as it had the best low end I've heard once you EQ and control it.

Cosmic Ears CE6P - tempted to go outside my USA requirement for these, as the sound sig seems about right and they are affordable.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back