Entry level amp help
Oct 31, 2008 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

chews89

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey head-fiers,

I don't have much knowledge concerning amplifiers (pretty much zip) and i need some help.

I currently own a pair of es7s, AD500s, panny rp-htx7s, jvc marshmallows and a fiio e3 amp. My main source is my Samsung T10 mp3 player.

I was wondering, will a better amp than my e3 really enhance my music listening? If so, what entry level amp could i get with $100-$150 AUD? (Which is roughly $65-$100USD) I've read about CMOY amps but apparently they aren't that worthwhile as people nearly always upgrade very soon after.

It would be great if i could get some help
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 20
Thanks for the suggestions, the PA2V2 does look like a pretty solid amp
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been looking around and have come across the penguin caffeine ultra amp and the little dot MKI.

Is the penguin amp just another cmoy? does anyone know? And would anyone recommend the MKI? It's looks definitely appeal to me, i'm curious about performance

Thanks again for the help

Nov 1, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
d3 is a little over entry level but a t4 looks like a awesome entry level

Actually IMO the D3 compares very well w/ the top portable amps. This at a fraction of the cost.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #14 of 20
What would be the differences in sound between the iBasso t4 and the penguin caffeine?

I am rolling with an HD580 and X-fi fatality and have been considering both of these amps for awhile now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back