Entry level amp for LCD2
May 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SolomonPierce

100+ Head-Fier
I'm a new owner of LCD2s and I'd like to start building my setup around them.  I've read the tread on lcd2 amps, but given its length, it's hard to sift through the entry level & high end.  Basically I'd like to know what would be a good pairing amp with either a neutral or slightly warm sound.  (I like a little more midrange, that's why I'm not opposed to warmth).  This won't be end game by any means, I just want something that can drive them decently for a while at a low cost (~$500 new / used... used is probably a better buy but I want to see what's out there).

Anyway I'd love some opinions on some of the amps I've listed, whether or not they're decent, or if I should look elsewhere.

Also if there's a dac with an internal amp that has good synergy (and entry level price) with the lcd2s that would be okay with me.  They will be upgraded, but I want something that will quench my thirst while I save for my next purchase.  Thanks.

(p.s. I did have another thread about how to start my lcd2 setup, but this one is a bit more efficient in its wording and goal... I hope)

Thinking of Lyr, ha160, V200, (edit) ear90

May 17, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 4
tongue_smile.gif
Durr I meant ear 90... also by Harmony.  My bad.  I'm kind of leaning towards the Lyr because I've heard a lot of good things, but I'm worried that I've heard it can add some background static, is this true / very noticeable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back