Entry Budget Portable Over-Ear Cans
Nov 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Saevio

New Head-Fier
Okay first off I would like to say hello I am a newly registered member, I stalked the threads for awhile, and I felt as if it was time to post.

So I know there are a lot of threads for Portable Cans, but from what I gathered there are usually recommendations which for me where greatly appreciated, but now I find myself in a pinch. I want to purchase a pair yet I cannot decide between a set list of budget -phones since I haven't quite seen a comparison of the -phones. 

My budget is tight I am a unemployed Senior in High School I can't quite get a job since i'm focusing on upping my grades for scholarships so I only have 30 dollars maybe 30-50 max. I don't quite consider myself an audiophile yet, I do greatly appreciate music and cannot stand listening to music on 10 dollar pieces of trash from Walgreen's. 

My musical tastes are a wide array I enjoy Metal to Jazz, Trance to Dubstep, Folk to Rock, so my dream pair of -phones are something with a lot of bass since I like bass to show even in general music ( i.e - Metal/Rock ) but I also want it to be suitable for some Folk Vocals. ( In a ironic sense I am also partially tone deaf, and cannot really distinguish high notes easily. ) 

Construction - I want them to be rugged since they will possibly be thrown about a bit, comfort is not a tremendous factor as I can easily modify any headbands.

My list of cans that I currently looking at are ---

Superlux HD 668B- I love the look of both Superlux's

Superlux HD 681 -

Monoprice 823 - I love the detachable cord, and extreme portability but have head they lack a good sound-stage also the cup shape looks odd.

Tascam TH02 -

Panasonic RP-HTF600 - 

Panasonic RP-HTX7-G1 - Like the retro look

JVC HARX700 -

So I guess in general what I am looking for is something portable just like the Monoprice's with a detachable cord, I need something with closed ears since I will be wearing them around school and don't want to disturb classmates/I want the noise Isolation. I don't want them to look to odd like i'm out of a sci-fi film but again that is a preference not a need, also preferably something with a good/decent sound-stage but not really needed. 

Overall I just want some opinions, I know that I can't get exactly what I want, but I just want some recommendations, comparisons, thoughts on the matter. If it came down to it I would chose portability over anything. 

I wanna thank ya'll for reading if you made if this far, and all/any responses are greatly appreciated.

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 2
Hiya, welcome to headfi.
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAS400B-Nanotube-Headband-Headphones/dp/B008P8EXRU/
or HAS 500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back