Entirely messed up Foobar by accident
Jan 3, 2012 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

wicked.ludicrous

Head-Fier
So I was trying to use the Facet UI in Foobar, but I couldn't get it working

Out of frustration, I opened foo_facets.dll with Foobar like an idiot, and Foobar won't display anything. Well, the only thing it'll display is the .dll file

Could anyone help me to get back to the normal display? And if anyone could help me with that, how do I properly integrate the Facets UI? I can't figure out how to "Add the UI"

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 10
Rerun the installer?  

And by the way, Facets is an extension of the default UI, you won't notice a big change right away.  You need to replace some UI elements with Facet elements for it to work.  

Ironically, based on your post I just downloaded it and (finally) got foobar set up the way I want.  

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #5 of 10
why not  use  system  restore ?if  your using it restores everything on C/?

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #6 of 10
Got Foobar back to normal, so no worries there.

But my inexperience with Foobar is kind of getting to me; I still can't figure out how to get Facets working. I got the .dll file, put it in the Foobar folder. And I tried following Hydrogenaudio's guide, but don't see an add Facets as an UI Element... Any help would be appreciated

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 10
Go to the Fobar Menu Bar > File > Preferences > components panel.
Click on Install, select foo_facets.dll, at this stage Foobar should asks you to restart the software, do so, it's now installed.

Go to the Fobar Menu Bar > View > Layout > enable Layout editing mode
Right-click on an UI element and you should have the option to add a splitter or replace that element.
You could for example replace the library viewer by facets, or split a visualization tab into 2 and use the empty part for facets.

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #8 of 10
Thanks khaos974

One last question: I'm trying to get Foobar to ignore "The" at the beginning of artist names, so it's suggested to use this: $swapprefix(%artist%)

Where do I insert that?

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #9 of 10
Probably Preferences > Display > default user interface > custom colums/groupings

But I haven't tried it.

Also, the facets settings provides an "ignore 'the' when sorting" box to be checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back