entice me - why should i get some grados
Jul 27, 2006 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

astranovus

100+ Head-Fier
entice me - why should i get some grados?

i'm intrigued but the looks really scare me off,
they look uncomfortable,

here in the uk i don't have any dealers nearby that stock grados, so i'd have to order just by picture sight

i listen to electronic music and am currently a proud member of team sennheiser

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 32
You should buy the Grado 225 just to get it out of your system. Then you can go back to trying cables on your Senn 650
wink.gif

Seriously though, if you are happy with the Senn 650 the Grado line is a whole other place that you may or may not like. I fall under the do not like column. The comfort level is intolerable for me
frown.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
Because they rock like no other! Besides, the comfort thing is overblown IMHO, especially once the pads wear in a bit.

agreed. My RS-2's are only about 3 weeks old. 2 of those were to burn-in the drivers. During those 2 weeks I washed the pads 4-5 times with soap to help get rid of some of the scratchiness you hear about. I don't have a problem with them now.

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 32
i'm a recent member of team grado. got my first pair - SR225 - about a month or so ago. i'm still floored by how good they sound and now fully understand why grados have such strong devotees. however, i would not recommend - at least the SR225s - for electronic music with a caveat: i don't know what kind of electronic music you listen to. i prefer the downtempo and ambient stuff and with those two forms i prefer headphones with a sizable soundstage which the SR225s do not have. if you listen to the more dance oriented stuff then they would work.

if you listen to a lot of guitar music or other string instruments then you will not be disappointed! i'm a huge SRV fan and it felt like i was listening to his playing in a whole new light. i also put on a collection of yo yo ma and his cello was amazingly rich sounding.

oh, yeah... i'm a grado fanboy!

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 32
You need to try a Grado just so you can say you tried a Grado. Grados are an infectious disease tempting everyone with their foam earpads and antenna-sticky points! You know you want to try one! Join Team Grado today!

Soon I will join Team Grado...the only question is which model to start with...
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
You need to try a Grado just so you can say you tried a Grado. Grados are an infectious disease tempting everyone with their foam earpads and antenna-sticky points! You know you want to try one! Join Team Grado today!

Soon I will join Team Grado...the only question is which model to start with...
evil_smiley.gif

the only problem is grados are rediculously overpriced in the uk,

sennheiser are much better value for money

Jul 27, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #10 of 32
A. That is the lamest bed of money ever.

B. Buy Alessandros instead! They're Grado headphones with a slightly different flavor... and that flavor is the flavor of awesome! They'll ship worldwide and the pricing for you will be exactly the same as it is for us in the USA.

I'd say get the MS1, to start things off. $100, and they rock pretty hard. Also, I had the combo of HD650 and MS2i for a while, and that was incredibly fulfilling. I had my high energy headphones and my relaxing headphones, great combo.

Jul 27, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by astranovus
the only problem is grados are rediculously overpriced in the uk

Why don't you ask the dirt cheap Grado guy that's being discussed in another thread if he'll ship to the UK? He's already selling below retail, so why not ship overseas as well? Might be worth a try.

Jul 27, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by lbholde
Why don't you ask the dirt cheap Grado guy that's being discussed in another thread if he'll ship to the UK? He's already selling below retail, so why not ship overseas as well? Might be worth a try.

ooh, you devil you... I KNEW someone would bring up the other thread when I saw the title of this one.

Well, I kinda like the Alessandro sound over the Grado. It just controls the highs a bit better without losing the Grado flavor.

Jul 27, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117
ooh, you devil you... I KNEW someone would bring up the other thread when I saw the title of this one.

Well, I kinda like the Alessandro sound over the Grado. It just controls the highs a bit better without losing the Grado flavor.

C'mon, you know you want to order those Grados! Just admit it!!
rs1smile.gif

Jul 27, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by lbholde

compared to sennheiser's they are still way too pricey

Jul 27, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by astranovus
compared to sennheiser's they are still way too pricey

*shrug* Well, see if someone will loan you a pair. There's always a chance you'll like them better than Senns, y'know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back