"Enter" in the Signature
Jul 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gPope

100+ Head-Fier
I just setup my signature for the first time and see that I cannot change lines for each item listed.  I've tried both "Ctrl+Enter" and
and neither worked.

I prefer this:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 880 - 600 Ohm
Headphone Amp/DAC: NuForce Icon HDP
Source: Sony Computer
Speakers: Audioengine 5

Over this:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 880 - 600 Ohm  Headphone Amp/DAC: NuForce Icon HDP  Source: Sony Computer  Speakers: Audioengine 5

Thank you 
smile_phones.gif

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 9

Cut and paste the following into the signature editor :)  Remember the signature is limited to a maximum of 5 lines.

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 880 - 600 Ohm
Headphone Amp/DAC: NuForce Icon HDP
Source: Sony Computer
Speakers: Audioengine 5

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
Cut and paste the following into the signature editor :)  Remember the signature is limited to a maximum of 5 lines.

Thank you!  So, you can "write" the signature text in a post and copy it into the signature editor?
wink_face.gif

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 9
Creating the signature in a post and copying does not work for me. I always use the "source" button and edit the HTML directly. If you want a newline just add <br /> at the end of each line.

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
Creating the signature in a post and copying does not work for me. I always use the "source" button and edit the HTML directly. If you want a newline just add
at the end of each line.

Oh, I see.  Thanks again...
beerchug.gif

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #6 of 9
Viewing source and manual editing usually do the trick for me... :wink:

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #7 of 9
So you have to know how to edit in HTML to post a proper sig, that's convenient... NOT!

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
So you have to know how to edit in HTML to post a proper sig, that's convenient... NOT!

Yea that's not user-friendly at all. This is really the only beef I have with the new Head-Fi layout, which in most other ways, is superior to the old.

Aug 12, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #9 of 9

Sure not!
But then again this forum software is not much convenient in any way anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back