Enquiry on Audio Technica ATH-A900 cans.
Mar 19, 2006 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Shiro MS08th

New Head-Fier
Hi,

First post here, just found this forum yesterdays and learn quite a few stuffs by reading some of the threads.

Back to my thread stuff.

I was thinking if the A900 will suit me or better than Grado SR-80?
Cause I was hooked on AT cans when my friend lend me his to tried on.
For one thing, its damn comfy.

On to sound stuff.
I usually listen to metal, old school rock, blues and sometimes bossa nova and jazz.

When I use my grado cans to listen to bossa nova/jazz, I feel its lacking something, maybe the clarity?
But its not as good when using the cans to listen to metal like Iron Maiden or so.

So asking all you guys here at the forum, do you think the A900 will be overall better than the grado sr-80?
Other than most probably it will lose out abit on listening to metal/rock genre?
Hopefully by abit lol!

Have not yet have chance to go audition the cans yet though.

Saying thanks in advance!

Mar 20, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 5
Hello fellow Singaporean.. I'm also considering the A900 or the AD9, quite sold on At cans, especially the A900 until I saw that the AD9 was going for almost the same price..

Any idea which might be better??

What's the best price you've got on the A900 so far and where??

Mar 20, 2006 at 9:24 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalidor
Hello fellow Singaporean.. I'm also considering the A900 or the AD9, quite sold on At cans, especially the A900 until I saw that the AD9 was going for almost the same price..

Any idea which might be better??

What's the best price you've got on the A900 so far and where??

I heard from other local forums, they said hung brothers are selling at S$269.

Mar 20, 2006 at 9:25 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by manchau
If you are missing headshaking bass with balanced sounding then go for A900. They produce overall rich sound. For rock music grado's are better.

Ok.
But do you think on rock/metal music, the A900 will lose out abit or alot to grado sr80?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back