Enlighten Me: SR60 or MS1?
Mar 28, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #16 of 18
I just rebought K81DJ and MS-1's, because I needed to compare these to what I have right now and if I do indeed like them, I'll keep them.

Back on topic, I was also wondering about the SR-60's and MS-1's. So to summarize, am I right that the consensus is that the MS-1's are more suited to a wider variety of music than the SR60s?

Mar 28, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't go that far, sound is subjective, but specs aren't

One thing I have noticed after being here for quite a while is how different things are between headphones, and almost everything else I know about audio.

Going back into the 60s I used to sit around and study the specs and charts and graphs and form all kinds of hopefully accurate relationships between one component and another. It was relatively easy and a lot of fun. There were all kinds of tests being performed in anechoic chambers and with o-scopes and seeing waterfall charts and a ton of other tests that you could put together a fairly good picture in you mind about how things worked singularily and in conjunction with each other.

With cans......????

Ain't nothin' there!! HeadRooms relatively simple graphs help some, but Alessandro isn't even represented.
frown.gif

It seems that all we have is what a bunch of people SAY about the sound and how well we take notes and how well we interpret how we hear of what they say!

Well....it's a different kind of fun, and lots of times it even works!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Going back into the 60s I used to sit around and study the specs and charts and graphs and form all kinds of hopefully accurate relationships between one component and another. It was relatively easy and a lot of fun. There were all kinds of tests being performed in anechoic chambers and with o-scopes and seeing waterfall charts and a ton of other tests that you could put together a fairly good picture in you mind about how things worked singularily and in conjunction with each other.

This is more in the taping community... They're bigger geeks than those here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back