enjoying just the music
Mar 31, 2004 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RobertR

100+ Head-Fier
the other nite I stumbled across a symphony concert via my shortwave radio.
needless to say the fidelity left a lot to be desired however I found myself really enjoying it without worrying about this.
Bycontrast , today I listened to similar music and heard a little crackle in one earpiece and couldnt stop fretting over whether it was the recording or my equipment.
No such worries with the radio because there are no lofty expectations to get in the way.

Sometimes its difficult to really get into the music and forget about evaluating the sound. No such problems on radio or live concert.

Mar 31, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 5
I agree with you, Robert. A few weeks ago I was listening to an old remastered Television album and could not get past the little bits of static and microsecond skips in some of the tracks. I just couldn't get into the music. Frustrating.

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:06 AM Post #4 of 5
I agree. The downside of Head-Fi!

With all the posts of "I can't listen to MP3's", etc., I wonder what people did when AM or 8-tracks ruled?

Mar 31, 2004 at 11:58 AM Post #5 of 5
most were content but some annoying troublemakers wished for something better, got down to it and constructed all the little trinkets and gadgets that gnaw holes into our wallets...

those are our heroes - a toast to them!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back