Enjoy the Music Review of SR-71
Jan 2, 2005 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
Steven Rochlin has reviewed the SR-71 at Enjoy the Music. The review can be read here:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...mmlinesr71.htm

Reading the review I think there may be a typo or possible misunderstanding of how the batteries work. The batteries work in tandem both supplying power to both channels at the same time. A minor point.

All in all a solid review of an amp that I and many others here have enjoyed.

Jan 3, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 15
To quote the reviewer's opening sentence:

"Headphone amplification has been experiencing resurgence over the past few years."

This makes 4 headphone amplifiers getting reviews just to start of this new year. Makes you wonder what will be coming next. We know PS Audio is getting set to release one and who will follow?

Wow, this hobby has really gone mainstream. I guess we can thank HeadFi for increasing the visibility of this "Sorry about your Wallet" hobby.

Jan 3, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 15
Thanks for the link john_jcb. Good read. Nice to see others using the Senns with it, as I think they're a good match. Anyone else try battery rolling???

What's up with those colors in the title photo though?
blink.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict
To quote the reviewer's opening sentence:

"Headphone amplification has been experiencing resurgence over the past few years."

This makes 4 headphone amplifiers getting reviews just to start of this new year. Makes you wonder what will be coming next. We know PS Audio is getting set to release one and who will follow?

Wow, this hobby has really gone mainstream. I guess we can thank HeadFi for increasing the visibility of this "Sorry about your Wallet" hobby.

Nice to see these amps getting good press. I think one major reason that headphones have become popular is that we have a forum where young people and newbs feel comfortable learning and asking questions, unlike the elitist attitude you find in many Hi-Fi stores.

Jan 3, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #6 of 15
John, Doug, AA, and Blessingx,

Many thanks everyone and glad you enjoyed the review. i reopened the unit and looked at the power traces and yes, seems to be a combined power supply (not 'true' dual mono). Changed the review slightly accordingly and MANY THANKS for the heads(phone) up. Since January is indeed a 'headphones on focus' month we do indeed have many reviews
smily_headphones1.gif

Blessingx, not sure what you mean about the colors... maybe i am suffering some flashbacks from the Big 80's
lambda.gif

As always...

Enjoy the Music (The Cars "Moving In Stereo" right now),

Steven R. Rochlin
www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

"Life's the same I'm moving in stereo
Life's the same except for my shoes
Life's the same you're shakin' like tremolo
Life's the same it's all inside you..."

Jan 3, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 15
Again great review.

The color thing was nothing really, I was just having some fun commenting on the title photo, enjoythemusic. For a second I thought maybe there was a blue imprint option for the amp.
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
...For a second I thought maybe there was a blue imprint option for the amp.
wink.gif

(Continuing the good humor) Yes, the Aston-Martin blue imprint version has a cooler sound and very refined and impressive 'all around.' The Mercedes silver imprint version will be refined, if a bit slow and heavy yet with AMAZING drive/push capability for demanding headphones. Word on the street is a Ferrari red version will be available soon and will be the fastest, most nimble, and have the world's best rise time on very variably dynamic music.

i think they plan on a new version called the Buggatti 16 or some such that will be the most powerful in the world, but this has been more of a 'show no go' thing that may never become a reality. Perhaps more hype than reality.

NOTE: the above is PURE humor and the car guys will fully understand
etysmile.gif

PS: cheap thirills will be found in the Lotus Green version. Very impressive for lowish $$$.

Jan 3, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #9 of 15
Completely agreed. Great review!

Just one small comment. Remove the typos. (Sr-71, SR-7, that kind of thing.) I know it's just nitpicking but it looks a bit unprofessional. And a review like this one should be perfect. Also, you say the volume knob is on the left when it's clearly on the right in the picture above it.

Jan 3, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
Completely agreed. Great review!

Just one small comment. Remove the typos. (Sr-71, SR-7, that kind of thing.) I know it's just nitpicking but it looks a bit unprofessional. And a review like should be perfect. Also, you say the volume knob is on the left when it's clearly on the right in the picture above it.

Maybe he's dyslexic...
icon10.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #11 of 15
Lisa,

A most humble thanks for the constructive criticisms. Am uploading the corrections. My apologies for the lack of apparent editing as January means TWO magazines to get out, getting ready for the upcoming two Vegas shows, etc. Still... i SHOULD HAVE been better at CAREFULLY editing it.

Have a feeling the REAL problem is when editing **my own articles** i KNOW what is meant and my brain appears to 'read into' things more than if i was editing someone else's review
frown.gif

Again, many thanks and am uploading the correction right now AND truly do appreciate your assistance. ALL help is ALWAYS appreciated.

PS: archosman, actually i do have a touch of dyslexia it seems (seriosuly), yet appear to get by somehow. "i mean take the OTHER left turn"
etysmile.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Lisa,

A most humble thanks for the constructive criticisms. Am uploading the corrections. My apologies for the lack of apparent editing as January means TWO magazines to get out, getting ready for the upcoming two Vegas shows, etc. Still... i SHOULD HAVE been better at CAREFULLY editing it.

Have a feeling the REAL problem is when editing **my own articles** i KNOW what is meant and my brain appears to 'read into' things more than if i was editing someone else's review
frown.gif

Again, many thanks and am uploading the correction right now AND truly do appreciate your assistance. ALL help is ALWAYS appreciated.

PS: archosman, actually i do have a touch of dyslexia it seems (seriosuly), yet appear to get by somehow. "i mean take the OTHER left turn"
etysmile.gif

I'm slighlty dyslexic too. Maybe that's why I pay more attention to it. And I agree it is more difficult to see your own spelling errors.

Jan 3, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
...PS: archosman, actually i do have a touch of dyslexia it seems (seriosuly), yet appear to get by somehow. "i mean take the OTHER left turn"
etysmile.gif

I have a problem when I type with the letters "b" & "p". They're not close to each other on the keyboard but inevitably I'll mis-type one letter for the other...
confused.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
I have a problem when I type with the letters "b" & "p". They're not close to each other on the keyboard but inevitably I'll mis-type one letter for the other...

No broplem ...
wink.gif

Jan 4, 2005 at 9:11 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nak Man
No broplem ...
wink.gif

Oh my God... I seriously laughed out loud at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back