Engadget Q&A!
Sep 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #31 of 42
Nice!

I really liked how you were so thoughtful in your answers. That's pretty cool.

Also, nice picture. So much shiny...

I actually was going to compliment you on your lack of fanboyness, and how you supported your opinions with facts. I'm not sure how other people couldn't see that you were being reasonable. Online anonymity maybe? How ironic.

(FYI, all, fanboyness involves blindly supporting a brand, not loving one consistently because of supporting reasons and experiences.)

I like the way you spelled that out.  In that case, I retract my statement above about being an admitted Apple fanboy!  I've loved the brand since I was
a kid w/ my own Apple IIe and have always had terrific experiences with their products - minus a couple of iPods that went batsh-- on me!

Yeah I agree: I thought Jude did an excellent job of supporting his opinions with facts and experiences (which are the most important).

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #32 of 42

I don't understand how one's preference for an OS can evoke nausea in someone else.

Am I an Apple fanboy? Perhaps. My first real computer was an Apple //e. Don't you remember your first computer fondly? My first good headphone was the Sony MDR-V6, so that headphone has significance in my life. That is also why I have always listed the Sony MDR-V6 as the very first product in the Head-Fi Buying Guide, and why I'll do so for as long as Sony's making it.

Hi Jude:

Hah...my first computer was the Apple //c. I remember that one very fondly and have had an Apple product / computer in my home since then. Gotta say that I love my 2012 iMac, iPad 3, iPod Classic (160Gb), iPhone 5, and iPod Touch (64Gb) that I own now. Hey, wait, that must make me an Apple fanboy too?

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #33 of 42

What is that thing mounted to the right of your face? (Your left, our right). At first glance I thought it was a studio condenser but it's way too big and has no diaphragm grille.

I wouldn't consider myself an Apple fanboy. I like Macs as much as I like PCs. I sometimes prefer Macs for certain applications and PCs for others. But I've owned a first generation MacBook Air, several different iPod models, an iPhone 3GS, and an iPhone 4, and will be using iPhone for the foreseeable future.

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #34 of 42
  What is that thing mounted to the right of your face? (Your left, our right). At first glance I thought it was a studio condenser but it's way too big and has no diaphragm grille.

It's a monolight (Profoto D1).  You can see another one on the far left of the picture.

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #35 of 42
  It's a monolight (Profoto D1).  You can see another one on the far left of the picture.

chicolom is correct.

blueangel2323, it's a flash for photography. That one in the back is mostly used to light the background. There are two more just like it to either side of me (but those have soft boxes attached to them).

This is what it looks like up close:

And this is what the area looks like when I'm not standing in front of it:

(The above pile of headphones was for a photo I took that was used in an article in Lifehacker about noise-canceling headphones.)

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #36 of 42
Ah. Generally flashes not supposed to be in the photo though 
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #37 of 42

(The above pile of headphones was for a photo I took that was used in an article in Lifehacker about noise-canceling headphones.)

Oh man. Thank you Jude for giving us behind-the-scenes access into your studio. As someone who spends far too many hours staring at headphone photos, that Lifehacker shot is one of my absolute favorites. Nice to get a glimpse into its origins. We'd love to learn more if you're into it.

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #38 of 42
I think I am ready to get my first CIEM but I still cannot fathom the price but I am sure it is not easy to fit 3 quad drivers in such a size format. I for one was not even aware that there was a quad drivers out! 

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #39 of 42
hey i just want your expert opinion on buying a head/ear phone

where i'm from,we don't have much variety in terms of headphones and most of the products are counterfeit.

My only option is to buy headphones from US and that is pretty expensive as 1 dollars equals 100 in our currency.
So a 100 dollar headphones is out of the question.I'm thinking of getting the JVC marsh mellow ones as i just need  headphones which are comfortable and give a overall complete and balanced sound and they should be durable as i won't be getting them again if they break down.
so are those okay?? 
what would you recommend under 20$ apart from these.
thanks
k701smile.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #41 of 42
Its really nice to see Jude on Engadget!!

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #42 of 42
I saw your review about fostex thx00 and it have great quality but you said you recommend it to the person who want to have a "music" headphone but do not want to spend too much. I consider buying beyer dynamic T1 now or thx00 which one do you recommend? I don't care about cost. thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back