End of Life and Sale on Mad Dog and Alpha Headphones
May 19, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #31 of 126

This is a third party site, our authorized resellers for Benelux.  It's up to them if they wish to reduce their prices.  They can sell anywhere in the EU where we don't have a signed reseller or distributor.  We will soon have support in France, Germany and Italy but for now this is the best site.  The new resellers will only be carrying ETHER. 

I am using this site and Alpha Dogs are listed at the price of  € 725,00 which is 820 USD find it ridicules when I can get the AD for 440 Eur from US at half the price.

May 19, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #33 of 126
Placed an order for the Mad Dog Pros last night. I had my eye on them for a long time.  I have the Universal Mad Dog and was looking to upgrade, but I just love the way it is right now and couldn't bring myself to change it.  This sale just made it that much easier to get me to bite the bullet for a new pair. 

Dan or Peter, by any chance do you all sell the headphone stands by themselves? I'd be interested in picking one up for my Mad Dog Universal. Thanks!

May 19, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #34 of 126
First, being a chilean headfier my options are limited
Second I am kinda sad for I wanted to test drive the Mad dog for a long time
Third I will do my best to get one before there's no turning back
Fourth Good luck in your quest for better sound maybe this time you outrun Audeze (a company famous for having no house sound)

May 19, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #35 of 126
Now i can wait (and saving up) for the new flagship closed while keep enjoying my Prime.I like how every friends of mine who put on this 'phone on their head was blown away by what they hear.It just ...amazing.

May 19, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #36 of 126
  And I would think the used market on here would have to lower their prices on these items in order to remain competitive. Could be interesting. 

More interesting than that is what will happen to the used market once the supply of new MDs/ADs/APs is cut off for good. Unless Mr. Speakers has new sub $1000 phones available I'd be surprised if you didn't see a rebound in pricing in the used market.

May 19, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #37 of 126
A quick update on timing for the back-ordered Mad Dogs; we expect to by June 4.  Thanks in advance for the patience!  It took longer to get the Fostex headphones than we'd expected but we do have a confirmed delivery date so we're good on the schedule.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 19, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #38 of 126
  A quick update on timing for the back-ordered Mad Dogs; we expect to by June 4.  Thanks in advance for the patience!  It took longer to get the Fostex headphones than we'd expected but we do have a confirmed delivery date so we're good on the schedule.

Does this include the Mad Dog Pros, since they show out of stock as well?  Also is there any way to get silver risers instead of bronze for MDPs?  Thanks!

May 19, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #39 of 126

Does this include the Mad Dog Pros, since they show out of stock as well?  Also is there any way to get silver risers instead of bronze for MDPs?  Thanks!

Yes, because of how production has to be handled for Alphas vs Mad Dogs Alphas are in stock and the Mad Dog/Pros aren't.  We won't be letting people cherry pick which color riser, though, that's just a recipe for ulcers and mistakes (possibly not in that order).  So Alphas are shipping same day if ordered by 3PM Pacific, Mad Dogs will ship June 4.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 19, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #41 of 126

Yes, because of how production has to be handled for Alphas vs Mad Dogs Alphas are in stock and the Mad Dog/Pros aren't.  We won't be letting people cherry pick which color riser, though, that's just a recipe for ulcers and mistakes (possibly not in that order).  So Alphas are shipping same day if ordered by 3PM Pacific, Mad Dogs will ship June 4.

Thanks for the info Dan!

May 19, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #42 of 126
Ordered myself a Mad Dog Pro. Was looking for a semi-closed headphone to complement my HD800. Don't mind the fact they are out of stock as I'll be abroad for 5 weeks. When I'm back home, I'm in for a treat :)

May 21, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #44 of 126
I'd be pretty surprised if they'd do that, Law87. That's pretty much asking to divulge trade secrets :).

Tracking update on my A.D... they'll be here Friday, same time as my LCD 2.2s! Ahhh. Good thing I have two weeks off from work starting Friday at noon. ^_^

May 21, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #45 of 126
  I'd be pretty surprised if they'd do that, Law87. That's pretty much asking to divulge trade secrets :).

Tracking update on my A.D... they'll be here Friday, same time as my LCD 2.2s! Ahhh. Good thing I have two weeks off from work starting Friday at noon. ^_^

well if its discontinue and its patent then who's gonna steal it right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back