Encoders
Sep 29, 2008 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ljcii

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, i only have this dbpoweramp to convert songs etc but it expires. what else do you people use to encode songs?

Sep 29, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 11
I use, and really enjoy, Max.
Great open-source CD ripper and audio encoder, which handle all of the most popular codecs (Apple Lossless, FLAC, WavPack, AAC, MP3 (LAME), Ogg Vorbis, ...).

Highly recommended!
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 11
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 29, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 11
EAC (Exact Audio Copy)
LAME (Lame Ain't an Mp3 Encoder)
FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)

All freely available. You might have to compile LAME binaries or Google a bit to find them pre-compiled for you.

The question is really what front end you want to use, since most of the encoders have spartan interfaces.

Jun 15, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #5 of 11
can you explain more clearly? Last time i downloaded the max and i coudln't figure out to use it. I revisited this post lately to find out that the max is only for mac.
anyone can e xplain the above post please?

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 11
*sigh* judging by your first post, you're on a PC, seeing as dBpoweramp is PC only. MAX is Mac only.

I'd really suggest paying for dBpoweramp if you like it. It's a great program,

If you don't want to pay for it then Foobar - (for the PC) is a great player/decent ripper/ and good encoder.

Google Lame installer and Foobar2000 and you'll be well on your way.

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 11
Thanks for the info. Why sigh that i'm on a pc though?

Jun 15, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EAC (Exact Audio Copy)
LAME (Lame Ain't an Mp3 Encoder)
FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)

All freely available. You might have to compile LAME binaries or Google a bit to find them pre-compiled for you.

The question is really what front end you want to use, since most of the encoders have spartan interfaces.

This!

Look for the EAC Set up guide on hydrogenaudio and you'll be golden with accurate high quality rips.

Jun 15, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljcii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info. Why sigh that i'm on a pc though?

Not at all.. Sigh that others didn't read your post properly. It's a shame you were given bum information.

I use a PC and it's perfect for my needs. I use dBpoweramp on my Quad core and it encodes 4 tracks simultaneously.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #10 of 11
^ I simply answered the question -> "what else do you people use to encode songs?"
Max is not compatible with his OS, but that is what I use.

Sigh he did not ask the question he expected answers for.
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #11 of 11
dBpoweramp does not "expire" to my knowledge...
There are three versions; free, powerpak, and reference, though. I purchased the reference version, well worth every penny. I have several TB of music, mostly live stuff and it helps me immeasurably. I love the batch converter, especially. Keep most of my stuff in flac but use the converter to load my ipods, painless and pretty quick too.
The "PerfectMeta" is subscription based, but won't stop you from conversions. BTW MP3Tag is most excellent for additional tag duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back