Encode MVI to flac?
May 23, 2009 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

geremy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

First: I read the sticky at the top of the forum, and I don't know if this post falls into the forbidden category.

I purchased the Nightfly Trilogy today, and it sounds simply awesome, but would like to encode the audio to flac. The audio is in the video portion of the DVD (video_ts). There are three audio streams: Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 and PCM 24-bit/96 KHz. I would like to know how to encode the PCM audio stream to a flac file.

It can be done, and has been (from what I have found) but I am having trouble finding out how. I think the folks that have done it previously may have been using Linux, but I am using Vista x64.

If this is forbidden territory, then please delete it. I don't see how it's different from tutorials on how to use EAC properly though. Thanks.

May 23, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 3
Ok, so I figured out how to get just the PCM files off of the DVD. So now I have 3 .vob files that I would like to convert to .wav or .flac. There are myriads of programs but I can't figure out anything conclusive.

May 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 3
Done. Join the .vobs with a command line binary copy (copy /b vob1.vob + vob2.vob joined.vob) and then use something to convert from .vob to .wav or .flac. I used a freeware program called MediaCoder Audio Edition. Then you can use the cuesheets generated off of the regular CDs to split up the .wav or .flac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back