encasing resistors and such
Sep 7, 2007 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dimm0k

100+ Head-Fier
Recently I've created a cable with two resistors at the end of the cable right before the 1/8" jack, aka the Etymotic P->S cable. I've used shrink tubes to isolate each resistor and then another to keep them all together. Is there something else I can put over this to strengthen this area so that it doesn't bend or stretch?

Sep 7, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dimm0k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently I've created a cable with two resistors at the end of the cable right before the 1/8" jack, aka the Etymotic P->S cable. I've used shrink tubes to isolate each resistor and then another to keep them all together. Is there something else I can put over this to strengthen this area so that it doesn't bend or stretch?

Why not placing them inside the jack, if they are small enough, and the jack is not too small, you can do that...Xin does that in his adpaters...and also you can see them here

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 4
Xin's page was where the idea came from for me so I used the RadioShack 1/8" audio extension cable with the gold plated connectors. I do have the resistors right by the plug which I was able to get the gold casing over, but was wondering if this is enough...

Sep 7, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 4
If I wanted to make a connection stronger, I'd honestly just stick more heatshrink on it. Some sort of strain relief might help, but personally I've never seen any good ones available for purchase individually. Most of the strain reliefs I've seen on commercial products are either molded-on plastic or just regular heatshrink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back