eMusic.com file quality?
Dec 1, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 10
I haven't been on their site for a while, but when I last was there they were re-encoding most of their music to LAME "--alt-preset standard". So somewhere between most or all of their stuff is very good quality (unless they changed policies).

Dec 1, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 10
I was a member there for a few months and most of the music that I got from them was encoded at 256k vbr. Some of it is encoded at 320k some at 224, but the majority was 256k. Ocasionally you will see some of their selections marked as 128k but at least they tell you before you download it.

Dec 2, 2005 at 9:28 AM Post #4 of 10
I'm a subscriber of emusic. All the files I have have bitrates around 160-180 kbps vbr, with very few exceptions.

Dec 2, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssingh0
same here, but with more than just "very few" exceptions

Is the quality of every song noted so that you know what you're getting? (i.e. does what trea said still go?)

Dec 2, 2005 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 10
I buy all my music from http://www.allofmp3.com/ . You can select the bit rate you want, including WAV and FLAC, for most of the selections. It's cheaper and better than iTune services.

Dec 2, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #8 of 10
I never understood if it's legal or not. As register put it:

As for the broader legality of offering the copyright material for sale, the site claims its licence covers distribution via the Internet, though we note that its Ts&Cs forbids the use of the service "if it is in conflict with legislation of your country". And "all the materials are available solely for personal use and must not be used for further distribution, resale or broadcasting" or, it adds, for "unlawful purposes".

but I surely would love to see more working that way.

Dec 2, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #9 of 10
The AllOfMP3.com issue has been discussed on this board many times. Although I don't personally agree with the 'ban' on mentioning it, the mods prefer it's not discussed and I'd recommend against it here. Your posts are likely to be deleted (which further complicates things the previous warnings are pointed to content that's no longer viewable). Anyway, I'd steer clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back