emu1212m channel imbalance with vista.
Mar 11, 2007 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

terrymx

Headphoneus Supremus
do anyone use emu pci card with vista and have similar problems or have any ideas? here is my story:

so i got a student deal and gave vista a try. short from the 4 hours of frustration getting use to it and setting it to work correctly, i found out my emu1212m isn't working correctly with it. the right channel is clearly quieter than the left, i have tried many factor and isolate it to the card itself, most likely software, not hardware, since the card has been in my computer it should not be damaged, this was a fresh installation also.

i have tried: amp, headphone versus speaker, different cables, onboard card without problem, output plugins, different players, windows update drivers versus emu drivers, switch ears, patchmix seem to be set correctly. also doesnt matter if its wave or asio, samething.

right now i have to set the balance on patchmix to 22 to the right, but that can introduce clipping sometimes. i understand that there isn't a standard driver for vista yet? i am not very happy with this.

Mar 11, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 3
There aren't vista drivers available. We could have saved you some trouble if you'd asked before. Check "production forums" for updates from E-MU.

Mar 17, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 3
okay, after much testing i realize its not vista, but simply my card is faulty. lastly connecting the ADAT output of the emu to the analog line of the onboard and running test tone confirm it. only thing i can't figure out now is if the digital okay or not since the onboard dont have digital in.

bought it not more than a few months ago from musicfriends, and no luck with creative support. people who bought it form music friends might want to give their card a check?

this onboard don't sound too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back