EMU0404+SB in one PC
Jun 27, 2007 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ShanDo

New Head-Fier
is it posible to have 2 cards in one PC? cause SB is ok for games, has mic input
Emu is good for music
can i use them both? and switch between them?
Can any driver problems appear?

i read here that Emu0404 is more agressive and litle bit upfront, but i want to use it with HD595, which are upfront also(for some ppl also a bit agressive), so i hope there wont be a hyperbolize of these features...

next candidate is Revo 5.1

Jun 27, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 7
I use the 0404 USB for music, and the Xfi for games, with no conflicts. It's simply a manual on/off switch from one device to the other-- really works cool
cool.gif
I would think there would be no compatability issues if you're using the 0404PCI card, but you may not have the ease of switching from one to the other as I have-- that alone is worth the extra cost of the USB device--- to say nothing of the better SQ
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 7
I run dual cards and so do alot of other people. You could also run the audio from the Creative card to the 0404 and have games and music output from the same card. I have a Audigy 2 and a X-Meridian and all my audio comes through my X-Meridian. My games are routed to the Audigy 2 for EAX etc then routed to the X-Meridian as it sounds better then any CL card. All this routing is internal. Are you looking for something similar to this?

Jun 28, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 7
hm the main thing is, that i can swith between them in windows, so when i want to play=SB, when i want to listen=emu 0404, if that works fine then no problem here
cool.gif

and what about the sound of 0404, is it ok with HD595? wouldnt be the Revo 5.1 better?
is there a problem for 0404 to "give a live" to HD595? or its ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back