Emu Teak vs Hifiman Edition XS/HE6SE
Nov 5, 2022 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gr4474

100+ Head-Fier
I actually pulled the trigger on the XS today! I was soooo sure that these were the ones. I was thinking about the Teaks for years, but ended up going for the XS after all this time. I have posts complaining about the weak bass of headphones like the SHP9500, and today I watch cheapaudioman say the SHP9500 have more bass than the XS? Then I search the XS reviews and forum just for "bass"...and I'm getting similar comments, saying it doesn't have the quantity they need. So after thinking my search is over...I'm back to the digging. lol I see this comment on the XS in the "Hardest Hitting Extreme Bass Club" thread that gets me excited, yet confused:

"I also own the M-100 and I have to agree with @baunauf about the Edition XS. The bass is definitely much better on the Edition XS. Despite being open-backed, it can produce some face rattling bass with the Pro iCan bass boost. So far, it's my favorite presentation of bass, especially subbass, ever. I just recently sold my TH-900s because the XS outdid them on everything." -squeakez

If you can only have 1 headphones...what would you get?

I appreciate any help! :)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 2
Same here. Grew up in the Netherlands with function 1 sound systems in clubs and festivals. TH900 comes damn close for a headphone, but only with a sick bass boost. I use my computer (EQ APO) with a 16 DB boost in that region, then a RME ADI-2 DAC with a 12 DB boost in the bass region and to top it of all of this goes into my iFi Pro iCAN with the Xbass boost to the max on 40hz. Bass is just insane. I mostly listen to EDM. Only headphone that tops the bass quality is my HE6se v2. That thing sounds crazy good with the right amplification (bass and sound quality is jaw dropping) but is open if course.
"Only headphone that tops the bass quality is my HE6se v2. " SAY WHAT?

Edit: sticking with the X2. Please delete thread. Sorry for posting so much.

Edit: Returning X2. HE6se V2 E N D G A M E

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back