Emu problem on Win2K - little help?
Jul 21, 2005 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

commando

Headphoneus Supremus
My Emu 1212 was working this morning on my PC, since then i've moved offices, and i'm using a different user logon in windows. Now Windows doesn't even seem to detect the Emu in the machine. When I run PatchMix DSP I get the following error message.

Any ideas how to get it working again? I want my music back!

Jul 21, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 8
Incidentally, my other sound card has dissappeared as well - AV710. Onboard sound's working, well, as well as can be expected
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 8
Seems like you're lacking some permissions required. Didn't the latest 1212m drivers fix non-admin operation?

Jul 21, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 8
I've had my EM-U stop working after moving it before... I had to remove patchmix and the driver and switch the slot the card was seated in, then reinstall the drivers and patchmix before things came back up. If nothing else seems to work, you might try this. I think in my case it has something to do with fighting for resources. I had taken the computer to a meet where it wasn't hooked up to my UPS. When I hooked it back up at home with the UPS (which uses a serial connection to connect with the monitoring software) the problem came up.

Jul 21, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 8
if the card is on the same comp im assuming

the drivers might have only been installed for that old user acct., windows can be crazy...

id uninstall and reinstall drivers + all sound card software and reinstall from the new acct.

Jul 22, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
I've had my EM-U stop working after moving it before... I had to remove patchmix and the driver and switch the slot the card was seated in, then reinstall the drivers and patchmix before things came back up. If nothing else seems to work, you might try this. I think in my case it has something to do with fighting for resources. I had taken the computer to a meet where it wasn't hooked up to my UPS. When I hooked it back up at home with the UPS (which uses a serial connection to connect with the monitoring software) the problem came up.

This worked perfectly, all sound cards are working fine now, thanks Jasper!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back