emu patchmix fx - anyone played with them? It's got parametric eq in there
Aug 3, 2004 at 4:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ooheadsoo

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm dumb for waiting this long before figuring this out, and I'm sure a bunch of you guys have already tried this out.

Patchmix has parametric eq filters built into it. Unfortunately, the corner frequency limits itself at 80hz at the low end. I haven't tried the upper limit yet. If you need to boost EVERYTHING under 80hz though, there is a shelf eq function that you can use to boost it all.

I tried it, and it sounds pretty good to me. I used a low shelf eq at first to try to get some sub 33hz response from my subwoofer, and it actually worked, but the overall bass presentation became a bit warm and too powerful. I was playing with values between 0.5db boost and 1.5db. I ended up turning it off. However, I did boost a dip that I have at 90-110 hz with a single band and that seems to work out well. It seems like my speakers don't have too much baffle step compensation since the response seem to rise gradually towards 1khz, but I don't think you could solve that with this
tongue.gif
I also took down a big bump -9db I have in the 120-155hz area, and a peak at around 12khz-16khz -3db to treat some sibilance. It seems to work fairly well. I'm pretty happy with the results except for the low shelf, though the problem with that doesn't seem to be in the eq's domain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back