EMU 1212M - sterile sounding?
Dec 31, 2006 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bwv5

New Head-Fier
Here is my quandary: I recently purchased an EMU 1212M. I am not bothered by the fact that its software can be complex, but what I am bothered by is the fact that I have seen many posts stating that the EMU 1212M has a flat sterile sound to it. Also, it seems a similarly priced card the ESI Juli@, is said to have a warmer, bassier sound. If someone who has heard both the ESI Juli@ and the EMU 1212M could comment on their respective sounds that would be great.

Thanks (I know there are some posts already on this but I did not see anyone who had heard both)

Dec 31, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 5
Well how do you think your sound?
I just got one myself, and i don't think it sound sterile at all, even with my PIMETA wich is an SS amp i found the sound to be clean and detail yet not sterile, sure i listen them with my HD580 wich is warm in nature, so might be a good synergy.
Anyway i would be interested in an answer from someone who have audition the two of them too.

Jan 1, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #5 of 5
I had both but haven't got the equipment I have today so the difference wasn't that big. I agree that 1212m is cold, or nicely said "analytical". But with computer power supply I don't see how can soundcard sound any different, unless some heavy filters are applied which kill the details.

To me the interconnect combinations nicely rounded the sound and it's great now. So it's up to you to shape the sound how you want it with other components, soundcard can't go any better (?), or buy something like Slimdevices unit, that's my next step and soundcard will be there only for movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back