EMU 1212m Patchmix Software
Apr 25, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #16 of 24
to be honest, i read through the whole thing when i am new to 1212m.
i also feel the patchmix is somehow unstable in some situation.
but anyway, the card itself is very great at this price range
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you. I will try to see if I can't make some sense out of those instructions when I get home with it tonight.

I will be stopping by the ammo store on the way home from work because I am going to shoot it if I can't.

Also, the 1212m has a coaxial S/PDIF out, as well as the optical. FYI.

Assuming you are using ASIO Output, Insert a SEND to S/PDIF - PCI Card at ASIO strip as below:

SPDIFOut.jpg

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #18 of 24
K, I do that, and then when I go to select digital output at something greater than 44.1 khz everything stops. Put another way, I can't make it make any noise at a sample rate higher than the default 44.1khz.

So, in the WAVE 1/2 tile, I right click in the first available window and select "insert send (output to ASIO/WAVE or phsysical out)"

The "New Send Insert" box appears.

left click the dark bubble drop down menu and select "PCI Card S/PDIF L/R"

great.

Rockin out at 44.1 khz, everything's good.

Reset to defaults.

Select new session.

Set to 96khz.

Do the same as above.

I get nothing. No sound. No love. Nothing.

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K, I do that, and then when I go to select digital output at something greater than 44.1 khz everything stops. Put another way, I can't make it make any noise at a sample rate higher than the default 44.1khz.

So, in the WAVE 1/2 tile, I right click in the first available window and select "insert send (output to ASIO/WAVE or phsysical out)"

The "New Send Insert" box appears.

left click the dark bubble drop down menu and select "PCI Card S/PDIF L/R"

great.

Rockin out at 44.1 khz, everything's good.

Reset to defaults.

Select new session.

Set to 96khz.

Do the same as above.

I get nothing. No sound. No love. Nothing.

So, you're trying to make it upsample to 96kHz? Why would you want to do that? If you're source material is only 16 bit 44.1kHz you won't gain anything, IMHO, by upsampling. If you want to, however, you will have to do that in software. I believe you can do that in Foobar2k, and possibly Winamp with a 3rd party plugin.

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #20 of 24
Correct me if Im wrong, but when using ASIO doesnt the sample rate setting on PatchMix have to be the same as the track to get playback? If you want to upsample wouldnt you have to use kernel streaming at 96KHz and switch the sample rate in PatchMix to 96KHz?

Apr 26, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by BadassBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct me if Im wrong, but when using ASIO doesnt the sample rate setting on PatchMix have to be the same as the track to get playback? If you want to upsample wouldnt you have to use kernel streaming at 96KHz and switch the sample rate in PatchMix to 96KHz?

You are not wrong. That's why he would have to upsample the track in software to get playback. I don't think it would sound any worse if you used a good upsampling plugin for the playback software, but I don't think it would improve anything.

Apr 26, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #22 of 24
k, I'm starting to get it a little better now.

My DAC is doing some weird things that I am not understanding either...44.1 khz sounds great...48 khz = death crackle in the right chan...88.2 khz sounds great...96 khz = death crackle in the right chan...external sync sounds great.

No clue what the hell that's all about.

My guess is that it hates the Patchmix software as much as I do.

Apr 26, 2007 at 10:34 AM Post #24 of 24
Set patchmix to a particular frequency but then your ASIO stream (from your audio software e.g. foobar) needs to be at that frequency. Now if you need 44khs spdif output rather than 48 or 88 rather than 96 put a resampler in foobar to the appropriate frequency. (However, it would be better to bypass the DAC IMO.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back