EMU 1212m digital out.....Setting up
Nov 19, 2008 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

andrew3199

500+ Head-Fier
I'm just about to purchase the EMU 1212m and will be utilizing the digital coax out to a Moodlab Concept DAC. I get the impression that the EMU is a pain in the a@%$ to set up or is it just a matter of installing the included drivers. Could someone please point me to a set up guide for the EMU? I presume ASIO4all orASIO would be the way to go?.....Thanks.

Nov 20, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 9
I use the 1212m in the same way your planning and I'm very satisfied. It comes with with a very good mixing software which requires a couple of hours of reading to learn. However, it comes with preconfigured setups that work right out of the box. It also comes with it's own asio drivers so you don't need asio4all.

Regards,
Diego

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I simply installed the driver and Patchmix app; everything, including the coax digital out, worked perfectly right from scratch. The native ASIO works beautifully too.

Did the ASIO drivers come with the sound card? And am I right in thinking that there was a compatibility problem with Windows Vista.
Thanks for the reply's guys.

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew3199 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did the ASIO drivers come with the sound card? And am I right in thinking that there was a compatibility problem with Windows Vista.
Thanks for the reply's guys.

Yes, to the first question.

Don't know about Vista since I am sticking to XP for the time being.

Nov 20, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #6 of 9
You'll soon get the hang of setting up Patchmix - the only annoying thing is having to set up different sessions for different sample rates but this won't pose a problem if you stick to a single sample rate (44.1khz/96khz). The cleanest route would be an ASIO strip with all mixers and monitors disabled then just insert a SEND to S/PDIF out in the strip.

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #7 of 9
By the sound of most of the 1212 setups here - they are likely all clipping. You have to set patchmix very individually to each system in my experience to ensure you aren't clipping the signal. I no longer have my 1212m so can't provide a decent step by step guide, but it was discussed on these forums somewhere...

Vaguely from memory, you have to set one of the frames/panes on the right side to prevent clipping (which i think you can show an indicator for in red or orange).

Sorry for the terrible explanation.

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by poo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the sound of most of the 1212 setups here - they are likely all clipping. You have to set patchmix very individually to each system in my experience to ensure you aren't clipping the signal. I no longer have my 1212m so can't provide a decent step by step guide, but it was discussed on these forums somewhere...

Vaguely from memory, you have to set one of the frames/panes on the right side to prevent clipping (which i think you can show an indicator for in red or orange).

Sorry for the terrible explanation.

Is it Trim Pot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back