EMU 0404 USB issues
Jan 24, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean not let to play in generally ... did you check the samplerate settings used w/ TRAKTOR Player ... by the Digi-Lifes review, E-MU 0404 USB does not support "MME auto sample rate" functionality so, if you used MME w/ those other players and the SR used w/ TRAKTOR Player was different ... or vice versa (you used MME in TRAKTOR and ...).
jiitee

When I pressed play in foobar or winamp or itunes nothing would happen.

I got the ASIO working, just removed the ASIO virtual and put it back again. Maybe I did something wrong the first time, not sure. Unfortuneately, the ASIO sounds horrible. Im getting static and crackles constantly, and it greatly slows my machine down. It takes about six seconds from the time I click on a song (already in the player's queue) until it starts playing, and during that time everything slows down greatly. I d/l'd ASIO for Winamp and had the same problem. I guess the problem is with my unit/drivers?

Jan 25, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #17 of 21
Which latency settings are you using for ASIO? If you can't launche the E-MU ASIO panel from your software, use the ASIOCaps for launching (listed in my sig). If that was not the issue, I suggest you to remove and reinstall E-MU srivers. Also, is the samplerate set in software equal w/ the setting in E-MU control panel.

Maybe the ASIO driver is not reseted properly when reset is executed?

jiitee

Jan 25, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rob187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I pressed play in foobar or winamp or itunes nothing would happen.

I got the ASIO working, just removed the ASIO virtual and put it back again. Maybe I did something wrong the first time, not sure. Unfortuneately, the ASIO sounds horrible. Im getting static and crackles constantly, and it greatly slows my machine down. It takes about six seconds from the time I click on a song (already in the player's queue) until it starts playing, and during that time everything slows down greatly. I d/l'd ASIO for Winamp and had the same problem. I guess the problem is with my unit/drivers?

That just reminds me of the problem I had even further.... of course I have already given the way I solved my problem, so I cant really help any further other than say, its sounds like the same fault I had.

Jan 29, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which latency settings are you using for ASIO? If you can't launche the E-MU ASIO panel from your software, use the ASIOCaps for launching (listed in my sig). If that was not the issue, I suggest you to remove and reinstall E-MU srivers. Also, is the samplerate set in software equal w/ the setting in E-MU control panel.

Maybe the ASIO driver is not reseted properly when reset is executed?

jiitee

I can't get to ASIO from my control panel. I also couldn't get ASIO Caps working. When I open the one under X86, "ASIO CAPS 32.exe," I just get the error message: ASIO caps 32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. When I open the one under x64, ASIO caps 64.exe it tells me its not a valid win32 app.

I uninstalled then reinstalled EMU drivers and it didn't help. I will say though, that for the short period it was working right (5-10 second gaps) it sounds far better than DS and well worth all this trouble. What I'm getting now is a lot of crackles and also these huge amounts of static and fuzz, like a really bad radio station. I have about 5-10 good seconds, then this will start; if I skip to another part of the song, or start a new one, I get about another 5-10 good seconds of play. Don't know if that makes a difference.

I also d/l and installed ASIO4All which will actually play but causes very high latency and many crackles.

To your other question, yes, the samplerates are the same. Also, what do you mean when you say "
Maybe the ASIO driver is not reseted properly when reset is executed?"

I'm about to go try out some Kernal Streaming see how that goes. We'll see.
600smile.gif

*EDIT* The KS I dl from foobar site thats listed as experimental did not work. Got an error message, something about KS not supported...don't really remember...tried it again and when I double click song not even playing :/

I know theres other ways to get KS just can't remember what..

Feb 2, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

What I'm getting now is a lot of crackles and also these huge amounts of static and fuzz, like a really bad radio station. I have about 5-10 good seconds, then this will start..

Probably entirely unrelated...but...the sounds you decribe are reminding me of an audio ac97 problem with a USB webcam once, the audio would do this and quite loud to.. After weeks of changing mainboard/sound/usb/wdm/directx drivers and the webcam to, I beleive it turned out to be a setting in the sound drivers to do with the s/pdif out that stopped it. When s/pdif options were set to 'output digital and analog' the noise came, when set to 'output digital only' it stopped.. its a long shot I know..
blink.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

I can't get to ASIO from my control panel. I also couldn't get ASIO Caps working. When I open the one under X86, "ASIO CAPS 32.exe," I just get the error message: ASIO caps 32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. When I open the one under x64, ASIO caps 64.exe it tells me its not a valid win32 app.

I also d/l and installed ASIO4All which will actually play but causes very high latency and many crackles.

To your other question, yes, the samplerates are the same. Also, what do you mean when you say "
Maybe the ASIO driver is not reseted properly when reset is executed?"

You can launch the E-MU ASIO Control panel through some software like the BeatPort player (link in my sig). BTW, if everything works well w/ BeatPort player/ASIO then, all issues comes from those 3rd party output plugins (or Foobar/Winamp/MM/what ever).

Did you try Asio4All v. 1.8?

The samplerate should be the same in Control Panel and software because of there is no auto samplerate functionality (-> you output 44.1kHz audio from software and your card is set to 96kHz --> shouldn't work).

If the driver is not reseted or released properly then, other software don't get it into use or maybe gives weird problems. This is software/driver issue/setting you can't fix but only set (if available).

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back