EMU 0404 tweaks/adjustments?
Nov 5, 2004 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

kiz

100+ Head-Fier
i installed the drivers and the card and finally got the sound working lol. Are there any opitiizations or tweaks i should look into with either the software alone or with foobar? I don't really hear a huge difference between this card and my onboard sound!
blink.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 11
What!!!!

You need to play with the settings, EQ included. The 0404 is a huge improvement over stock sound. Do a search and read up on it. AMP?

Nov 5, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiz
are there any specific settings that will give me a noticeable change? I'm ampless now but getting a cMoy or Vibe soon

unfortunatelly, I am in the same situation .... I can't hear any differences between my Audigy 2 and the 0404 ..
using a Rega Ear AMP and Sennheiser 595 + lossless source.
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92171

I also think you must have "the ears" to notice the difference.

Or maybe there are really some tweaks ?

Nov 5, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 11
would kx drivers help it at all??? i'd think this card is above them but what the hell...I'll recant my statement that the card is equal to onboard, but i iddnt notice as big of a jump as i expected.

Nov 6, 2004 at 3:18 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by pockerface90
]
I also think you must have "the ears" to notice the difference.

Exactly.
There is some experience required.
That's no problem at all since gaining experience is fun, you just have to give up the exspectation that all what you need is to shell out a decent amount of dough.

Nov 6, 2004 at 3:45 PM Post #9 of 11
i have an emu1212m (which is close to an 0404 from what i've read!) and the difference in sound to an m-audio revolution 7.1 is phenominal to me. i've recently acquired an entirely new setup, and the order of difference each piece made to the sound goes like this (from most to least): hd650s & emu1212m (i'd say a tie), zu mobius cable, corda ha-2 amp.

somehow i wonder if the cheap power cable i bought from radioshack hinders my amp's signifigance to my setup.
blink.gif

Nov 6, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiz
yea i'm about to buy a cMoy but im using cheap radioshack cables....hmm. hopefully the cMoy does something

It's time to upgrade the cables also. The cheap radioshack ones are not that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back