emu 0404 is here
Jul 18, 2004 at 1:49 PM Post #91 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
1/4" female looks like a jack you plug in 1/4" headphones. I'm sure you've seen those. It's just physically different than RCA female.

If you get the kind of adaptor I mentioned, you can use your regular RCA interconnects to your amp. The adaptor would be 1/4" TS male to RCA female.

A goodly number of our favorite cable makers (Zu, Headphile, etc) seem to be offering dual 1/4" to RCA cables at the same price as regular RCA to RCA cables. I used my E-MU purchase as an excuse to step up all of my interconnects. In my mind, the fewer adapters and solder joints etc, the better. I just wish I'd been able to afford the headphile XRS series when it was purchase time.

Jul 18, 2004 at 2:37 PM Post #92 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Distroyed
Kickass! Do you have a date we can all expect your review?

Well things have to burnin and I'll be away this whole week so next week at earliest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
In my mind, the fewer adapters and solder joints etc, the better. I just wish I'd been able to afford the headphile XRS series when it was purchase time.

Well... there are certain concepts about cables and minimalism is one of them. What is your experiece though? I didn't like the XRS in my system. It still all comes down to system synergy and preferences.

Jul 18, 2004 at 2:51 PM Post #93 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Well... there are certain concepts about cables and minimalism is one of them. What is your experiece though? I didn't like the XRS in my system. It still all comes down to system synergy and preferences.

I prefer minimalism cause my setup is already way too freakin long (for convience's sake). The fewer things I put in that chain, the better.

I have no experience with the XRS, but most of the reviews I've read have been extremely positive, and I'm quite happy with what the Standard series does for the paltry sum of ~$50.

Jul 18, 2004 at 3:11 PM Post #94 of 100
I can see what you're saying but since there's already many things in the signal chain and cables affects sounds the least, I don't think there maybe that much difference to justify the cost of better interconnects. You might be better off taking something out of your signal chain than even putting $2000 interconnects.

In any case, the adaptor lets you use your RCA interconnects. It's for convenience's sake
tongue.gif
and so you can try different ones and not change cables again if you up/side/down/grade.

Jul 25, 2004 at 7:17 AM Post #95 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Certainly for sure 0404 is much better than the revo. I'm not sure what the 1212m sounds like yet. I will be picking one up from a fellow neighbor head-fier here in NYC soon.

I will give my 0404 impressions post burnin and initial 1212m impressions later.

I heard emu1212m analog outpt is similar with 1820m.If so,your comparision says erverything.But I do hope you get a 1212m early.

Jul 29, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #96 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewac
I heard emu1212m analog outpt is similar with 1820m.If so,your comparision says erverything.But I do hope you get a 1212m early.

Well the analog output is similar but it's in an external box and the power is supplied differently so there maybe a qualitative difference still between 1212m and 1820m.

Aug 16, 2004 at 6:46 AM Post #97 of 100
Lan, have you had a chance to do you comparative review of the 0404 vs 1212m yet?

edit: I have been out of town for a while and just now found the impressions, but is there a chance of a more thorough review?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back