EMU 0404 Installation trouble
Mar 1, 2005 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Paxonator

Head-Fier
Okay I recieved my emu 0404 (modded) today. After i put it into my machine and boot up the machine doesn't find it. Oh and i have an audigy 2 installed by the way. I play around for a while and come to grip that it's not going to fly. So i decide to reinstall windows followed by installing the audigy 2 and all the updates except the eax 4 one. Toss in the 0404 and nothing. So I reinstall windows again. I this time just try to install the 0404. Tried to run the set up and yet again it tells me i have no emu audio card installed. I go into device manager and see an audio device not installed so i installed that device from the cd. Windows now reads my card as a SB Audigy Audio [C000]. So i'm not sure whether the mods done on the card have caused it to be faulty or if it's something else. Any help and or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 10
Seriously, Uzziah has it right, the A2 will cause you alot of probs. unless you UNINSTALL ALL of the drivers for it. But they can work together, i have them working together, i'm in heaven.

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #4 of 10
Yes i found that out but since i've reinstalled a 3rd time i just put in the emu 0404 alone. And it shows up in winamp and in sounds and audio devices as the SB Audigy crap. I couldn't run the cd install because it says i don't have an emu card in any pci slot. but an audio device shows up in device manager. The drivers that i used off the cd were not digitally assigned and that seemed odd. But now it looks like my video card is starting to die because i'm getting all kinds of artifacts and distortions. For today being my birthday it's not ran that smoothly. Maybe i just need to take a break and lay down for a while.

Mar 1, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 10
It states in the manual that the drivers are not digitally signed because EMU believed that some of the consumer level standards required by Microsoft were detrimental to the use of the card. It's not a big deal, most of the drivers I use are not digitally signed.

Make sure you clear out all the old sound drivers completely before installing the EMU.

Mar 1, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paxonator
Yes i found that out but since i've reinstalled a 3rd time i just put in the emu 0404 alone. And it shows up in winamp and in sounds and audio devices as the SB Audigy crap. I couldn't run the cd install because it says i don't have an emu card in any pci slot. but an audio device shows up in device manager. The drivers that i used off the cd were not digitally assigned and that seemed odd. But now it looks like my video card is starting to die because i'm getting all kinds of artifacts and distortions. For today being my birthday it's not ran that smoothly. Maybe i just need to take a break and lay down for a while.

not a bad idea. man, i'm bummed for ya. maybe it'll give you some comfort to know that you are by no means the first to have migraines trying to get this combo to work. and happy b-day to you

got a present for ya:
http://thebards.net/tales/2003/09/ha...to-bilbo.shtml

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #7 of 10
Okay update. I now have sound and the patchmix update. But The cd and driver/firmware update still say i have no emu card installed. I'm not sure if it's needed seeing as it is working with no problems so far. Any other suggestions to get it to find it or should i just leave it be?

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paxonator

Artifacts are signs of overheating / overclocked.

Mar 2, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by llmobll

I used to overclock back in the day but i haven't in about 6 months. There is a thermaltake Gaint II on my card and a 92mm fan so no heat problem. Althought the card runs fine today after i rebooted for whatever reason. I think i was just due for a bad day (haven't had one for a while). System has ran solid with no issues since i've been home from work. Now it's just that last question about the cd and driver updates saying i have no emu card installed.

Mar 2, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by llmobll

If there really was overheating then there would be major consequences, not just something related to the soundcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back