emu 0404 install
Feb 18, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
but damn, foobar is a dominating sob. i can't even alt + tab between windows when it's up. geez....
smily_headphones1.gif

confused.gif
I don't have that problem.

Feb 18, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

but damn, foobar is a dominating sob. i can't even alt + tab between windows when it's up. geez....
smily_headphones1.gif

That should not happen at all, I would suggest starting from scratch again, I would also suggest using ASIO not KS. If you cannot get ASIO to work than something is wrong.

BTW are you doing any re-sampling? That can be quite CPU intensive.

Feb 18, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #18 of 28
A newer version of the Foobar foo_output_asio(dll).dll file version .44b from 01/18/05 is in the link below. This one has normal, SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 versions:
http://www3.cypress.ne.jp/otachan/

Never had a problem with Foobar being a resource hog either.

Feb 18, 2005 at 7:24 AM Post #19 of 28
ks works. why bother with asio?

not sure about the dominating thing, but it doesn't bother me much

good audio is what i want. i've got it (untill i mod it of course)
smily_headphones1.gif

we've got some of the most helpfull folks around here. cheers, to you!

Feb 18, 2005 at 9:18 AM Post #20 of 28
They sound different, thats why you should bother. Find which sounds best for you.

In my case ASIO sounds a little thinner than KS, its hard to tell but I think there are subtle differences. I don't think I would choose one over the other on sound, but KS seems cost me less FPS while gaming (and having foobar in background)

Feb 18, 2005 at 9:26 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magsy
They sound different, thats why you should bother. Find which sounds best for you.

In my case ASIO sounds a little thinner than KS, its hard to tell but I think there are subtle differences. I don't think I would choose one over the other on sound, but KS seems cost me less FPS while gaming (and having foobar in background)

you must have a crazy insane setup to hear the difference.

Feb 18, 2005 at 9:38 AM Post #22 of 28
Hi Uzziah,

to enable ASIO, try this:
  • Download the foobar2000 ASIO DLL plugin
  • Extract only one DLL (SSE in your case) to foobar2000's components folder
  • Start foobar2000. Go to preferences -> playback and change output data format to 32bit fixed-point
  • Jump to Output. Select ASIO (dll version). Then press go to settings …
  • Select device E-MU ASIO
  • Make sure no resampler DSPs are activated in DSP manager. Close preferences
  • Open Patchmix. Load a new session, 44.1 minimum -10
  • Play a file with foobar2000
If all goes well, you should be enjoying ASIO just like I am right now
smily_headphones1.gif
Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Jason

Feb 18, 2005 at 9:44 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by llmobll
you must have a crazy insane setup to hear the difference.

Well I would of thought the same, infact I always thought the same (there would be no difference)

Maybe its in my head but the sound certainly seems to change. I've swapped/made cables and I didn't hear a difference with those - so I'm a highly sceptical person
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 10:11 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexanderino
Hi Uzziah,

to enable ASIO, try this:
  • Download the foobar2000 ASIO DLL plugin
  • Extract only one DLL (SSE in your case) to foobar2000's components folder
  • Start foobar2000. Go to preferences -> playback and change output data format to 32bit fixed-point
  • Jump to Output. Select ASIO (dll version). Then press go to settings …
  • Select device E-MU ASIO
  • Make sure no resampler DSPs are activated in DSP manager. Close preferences
  • Open Patchmix. Load a new session, 44.1 minimum -10
  • Play a file with foobar2000
If all goes well, you should be enjoying ASIO just like I am right now
smily_headphones1.gif
Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Jason

thank you very much. i think for now i'll stay with ks. i hope all this is helpfull for others as well

btw: is it just me, or is patchmix the most uggy, horribly designed ui you've every seen? i mean, my eyesight isn't that bad, but this is just garbage. no structure at all, and i can't read anything.

Feb 18, 2005 at 10:31 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

btw: is it just me, or is patchmix the most uggy, horribly designed ui you've every seen? i mean, my eyesight isn't that bad, but this is just garbage. no structure at all, and i can't read anything.

I've seen worse, mate
biggrin.gif
Ever seen a mixer console, that huge panel with hundreds of knobs and sliders which reside in studios? Same thing
smily_headphones1.gif

As for screenshots, press Print Screen to capture the entire screen or Alt + Print Screen to capture the active window. Paste into your favourite image editor [Paint, Photoshop etc.], save and voila -- you're done.

Do try out my instructions and see how you fare. You can always go back to KS if you wish.

-- Jason

Feb 18, 2005 at 11:04 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magsy
I'm a highly sceptical person
biggrin.gif

That must be in relative, audiophile terms. ASIO and KS are bit perfect. What you were probably hearing was the subtle shift in tonality caused by fairies sprinkling their magic dust on the capacitors every time you use KS
rolleyes.gif

Mar 2, 2005 at 8:13 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexanderino
I've seen worse, mate
biggrin.gif
Ever seen a mixer console, that huge panel with hundreds of knobs and sliders which reside in studios? Same thing
smily_headphones1.gif

As for screenshots, press Print Screen to capture the entire screen or Alt + Print Screen to capture the active window. Paste into your favourite image editor [Paint, Photoshop etc.], save and voila -- you're done.

Do try out my instructions and see how you fare. You can always go back to KS if you wish.

-- Jason

doesn't seem to work (screenshot). do i need to have a printer? (i don't have one)

never mind: got it. man, if that aint the most useful thing around
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back