Emu 0404 + Audigy 2 zs = No sound
Dec 4, 2004 at 2:52 PM Post #16 of 27
Do you have your monitor set at 0.0 in the patchmix? What about the settings in windows mixer? Have you tried the emu without A2 to confirm that you have a working card?

Dec 4, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by maarek99
Do you have your monitor set at 0.0 in the patchmix? What about the settings in windows mixer? Have you tried the emu without A2 to confirm that you have a working card?

No I haven't tried that, I will today though. First, I want to check about this patchmix thing. I have no clue what it is, going to run a search on it now.

Dec 4, 2004 at 4:17 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMMa
No I haven't tried that, I will today though. First, I want to check about this patchmix thing. I have no clue what it is, going to run a search on it now.

Did you install the software with the E-MU and update it from their site? You have to update the drivers and patchmix. When your computer starts up, there should be a big splash screen that says E-MU Patchmix, and 3 blue bared icon in your system tray.

Dec 4, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #19 of 27
Oh man, I didnt know I had to use patchmix, I'm installing it now and I have their update from their site ready. During the installation though, its asking if I want to over right pfmodnt.sys

What should I do? Should i overwrite or not and should i do the same to all the files?

Also, Should I use their updated drivers/firmware as well? If yea I would choose no to all overwrites as well, correct?

Dec 4, 2004 at 4:59 PM Post #20 of 27
When you first install the Emu over an existing A2 installation, you shouldn't overwrite anything. I guess thats the same when patching it. (??)

But you need to have patchmix operating to get sound from the emu. Patching it isn't strictly necessary to get sound.

Dec 4, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #21 of 27
Damnit! I'm in the middle of installing patchmix with this message and I don't want to go through another nightmare.

Still waiting !
confused.gif
I'd assume no overwriting it should do fine but I'd rather get it right the first time.

And could someone please let me know if its better to use their updated driver / firmware also?

Dec 4, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #22 of 27
Hey Everyone, I went ahead and proceeded and did not overwrite anything and everything is working OK for now
biggrin.gif

I want to let everyone know I'm truly thankful for all your time and help,

[size=x-large]THANK YOU!!![/size]

Dec 4, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Hey Everyone, I went ahead and proceeded and did not overwrite anything and everything is working OK for now
biggrin.gif

I want to let everyone know I'm truly thankful for all your time and help,

[size=x-large]THANK YOU!!![/size]

Great to hear!!

Remember, next time you buy something new, remember these wise words passed down for many generations.

RTFM.

600smile.gif

Dec 4, 2004 at 8:15 PM Post #24 of 27
O I will. Now I need to learn this PatchMix, so many options
confused.gif

Dec 4, 2004 at 10:03 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

O I will. Now I need to learn this PatchMix, so many options
confused.gif

This is why the 0404 is so fun, you can tweak it to all hell. Enjoy.

Dec 4, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by llmobll
This is why the 0404 is so fun, you can tweak it to all hell. Enjoy.

Man, I'm wishing I would have bought this card after finals, I'm definately going to fail now.

SO many settigns this card is gettin me teary eyed. Music is so beautiful
600smile.gif
Can't wait till my 650 gets here! Is there a huge diff from the 280pro?

I get a stutter everytime i open a program when jammin' is this normal?

Dec 5, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

I get a stutter everytime i open a program when jammin' is this normal?

It isn't normal, but as long as your system isn't having stability issues and it isn't impeading your enjoyment of music it shouldn't be a problem. It is likely caused by an IRQ conflict with your IDE controller, or a PCI latency issue. Both are a pain to clear up and as long as everything's working "good enough" you shouldn't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back